Forums > Model Colloquy > Outdated Model Profiles

Photographer

Ibarguen

Houston, Texas, US

When I search for models for a shot. Many, if not most, have not been active on the site for 2 or more years (7 0r 8 in some cases). Those of course do not respond to messages or castings. Either they never check their e-mail, they are not actively modeling, or they have forgotten about MM.
Can it be possible to remove those models and anyone else who is not actively signing in to MM??
Say within last 2 years?
Have come across cases where the models photos are from 10 years ago. Really??
Thanks.

Jun 26 17 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

When you do searches for potential models, filter out models who have not been recently active.

Jun 26 17 10:16 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Then there the ones that signed in within the last few days, but never read their messages. There are models here, finding them isn't easy.
Then there are the "photographers" that do the same as well as flake more times than not. I can well understand why the real models want a deposit for a shoot.
I'm happy to respond to messages asking about a potential shoot with either a model or photographer in my area.

G Reese

Jun 26 17 10:55 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Ibarguen wrote:
When I search for models for a shot.
Can it be possible to remove those models and anyone else who is not actively signing in to MM?? .

Yup.

When you 'browse', you put a number in the little box where it says 'last active in [...]days'.
Ta-daaaaaa! smile

Jun 27 17 07:30 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Not everyone will check in every day, but I think if you set the search to limit it to those who have been active within the past 30 days, you are going to be much more likely to find people who are actually interested in modelling.

Jun 27 17 07:44 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Dea and the Beast wrote:

Yup.

When you 'browse', you put a number in the little box where it says 'last active in [...]days'.
Ta-daaaaaa! smile

Amazing!

Jun 27 17 07:46 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

The default setting for "last active in ____ days" is 365.  You have to want to find profiles last active more than 1 year ago.  Removing old profiles that are inactive could inconvenience someone from coming back and it could hinder someone trying to find an old colleague, for whatever reason.

Jun 27 17 08:58 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Amazing!

You love it!

Jun 27 17 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

This is a simple, bottom line thing. IB (owners of MM) are generating income based on traffic in the forums, number of hits, total membership and probably a couple other metrics that don't occur to me right now.

Fewer members will mean lower revenue for the corporate owners.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Jun 27 17 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

For my searches, I sort by "Last Activity"
Someone who was active 363 days ago is not quite as likely to respond as someone who was active yesterday.

Jun 27 17 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

How hard is it to limit search to a suitable time period ?

Jun 28 17 10:18 am Link

Model

Mina Salome

Los Angeles, California, US

Ibarguen wrote:
Thanks.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think there's a way to filter out currently active models who have extremely outdated pictures.  I find the same thing with photographers.  Many want to shoot trade, but have no recent examples of their work...not a great sign to me.

And, as others have mentioned, even currently active models with recently updated pictures don't always answer their messages.  It's annoying, but c'est la vie.

Jul 03 17 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Carle Photo

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Ibarguen wrote:
Thanks.

Mina Salome wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately I don't think there's a way to filter out currently active models who have extremely outdated pictures.  I find the same thing with photographers.  Many want to shoot trade, but have no recent examples of their work...not a great sign to me.

And, as others have mentioned, even currently active models with recently updated pictures don't always answer their messages.  It's annoying, but c'est la vie.

Not all models quit modeling after a year, some of us have been modeling for 10+ years, so yes, we may have a few 10+ year old images mixed in with our newer more recent work.
My portfolio shows images that are 10+ years old along with images that are less than 3 months old.

Jul 04 17 08:59 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

They commit no crime by not answering a message, and culling the site of old profiles doesn't work in the site's interests. The best solution is put up a portfolio that rocks, that makes agency models want to shoot with you. Then you'll be turning people down and won't be writing posts about culling members or how it is so hard to find a model and one who will write back to you.

Jul 04 17 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

DeanLautermilch

Sebring, Florida, US

I've been on MM 11 years and still find that if a model is serious the shoot will happen in the next week or never will. I simply move along.

I watch models that responded to me with a future promise and they never add images. I guess they are just looking for attention.

Of course, other models I know are adding new images and notches to their work history.

Jul 04 17 02:50 pm Link

Model

Mina Salome

Ionalynn wrote:

Not all models quit modeling after a year, some of us have been modeling for 10+ years, so yes, we may have a few 10+ year old images mixed in with our newer more recent work.
My portfolio shows images that are 10+ years old along with images that are less than 3 months old.

I think it's fine to have old and new pictures mixed together (beneficial, even!), but there are some currently active models and photographers who just have really outdated portfolios with ONLY super old pictures, which just makes it hard to know what they'd be like to shoot with currently.

Jul 10 17 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Mina Salome wrote:

I think it's fine to have old and new pictures mixed together (beneficial, even!), but there are some currently active models and photographers who just have really outdated portfolios with ONLY super old pictures, which just makes it hard to know what they'd be like to shoot with currently.

I have 1 super old photo in my portfolio and it is popular.

Jul 10 17 02:31 pm Link

Model

DesDun

Atlanta, Georgia, US

New to Atlanta, looking to network. Follow my IG @Dee_thamodel

Aug 16 17 11:06 am Link