Forums > Model Colloquy > Fitness Model / Lifestyle / Commercial

Model

CurtisRyanMcCalla

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

So recently I did a shoot for Volvo new summer campaign which was exciting but I really want to break into the fitness market as that's what I am passionate about. Is it unheard of to send pictures to magazines like Mens Health? Or is that how you get noticed? Basically my biggest question as a Model is how do I get out there? Btw I have a lot more content on my Instagram which is  @curtisryan__ thank you for your time folks!!

Jul 13 17 05:37 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Welcome to MM!

Jul 13 17 08:05 am Link

Model

Smig

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello and how do you do?
:^)

Aug 09 17 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It is not unheard of to submit your modeling photos to magazine editors. They are always on the lookout for new talent, both from photographers and models. It is the editors that determine who gets hired for assignments.

I worked in the bodybuilding/fitness arena for over 10 years, shooting for Men's Fitness and Muscle & Fitness magazines. We got submissions from models on an almost weekly basis. It's considered normal to find talent that way.

KM

Aug 10 17 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Mantographer

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Have you looked into hiring photographers who shoot fitness? Like FuriousFotog (http://www.onefuriousfotog.com/modeling-rates)

Allan Spiers (http://www.allanspiers.com/contact.php)

Sep 07 17 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Zave Smith Photography

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Curtis,

How did you get the Volvo gig?  Was it via an agent or agency?

You are located in my market area.  98% of the time when I need talent for a commerical shoot, I call one or all of the four Philadelphia based legitmate agencies.  I tell them what I am looking for, the agencies then send me a pick list of whom they think would be good for that project and then the client and I select the one or more that we are looking for.

Once in a blue moon I have tried casting from "freelance" models, including here on MM.  Unfortunately, this has never worked.  The "freelance" world and the MM world is just to full of unreliable people.

The short of my answer is, get hooked up with a legitimate agency who will have the contacts of people like me who I and therefore be able to get you in front of and up for the gigs you are looking for.

Www.zavesmith.com

Sep 10 17 10:49 am Link