Forums > General Industry > Help Finding Agency in Southern California

Model

Lauren Johnston

Los Angeles, California, US

Hi there!

I was hoping to get some advice! I'm trying to get signed by an agency but having difficulty due to having a muscular body and wide hips. I'm in the process of trying to change a little bit, but I'd rather not lose all of my muscle for a job, especially when I love being active. My question then is, do you know of any agencies that take girls who have a little more curvy, fit bodies? I am 5'7" and my measurements are 32-25-38. Any agency in LA, SD, or all of southern california would do! Sick of being told to come back when I lose my hips *sigh*

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Lauren

Aug 09 17 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

London, England, United Kingdom

laurenj3250 wrote:
Hi there!

I was hoping to get some advice! I'm trying to get signed by an agency but having difficulty due to having a muscular body and wide hips. I'm in the process of trying to change a little bit, but I'd rather not lose all of my muscle for a job, especially when I love being active. My question then is, do you know of any agencies that take girls who have a little more curvy, fit bodies? I am 5'7" and my measurements are 32-25-38. Any agency in LA, SD, or all of southern california would do! Sick of being told to come back when I lose my hips *sigh*

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Lauren

Hey Lauren,

If you're looking for constructive feedback and honest advice then ideally you need to be posting this in the critique section (a mod can move it for you).

And sadly what you have been told about hip sizes, height etc from agencies in LA are all going to be a little bit of a stumbling block, but don't let that deter you, there's always lifestyle, commercial and swimsuit type work around as well as many other styles.

You have stunning looks, very much that California Surfer Girl Next Door type, so that's a huge plus and should easily be able to get you some good paying gigs!

Aug 09 17 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=M … eles%2C+CA

Google is your friend . . .

Check out each of the recommended agencies and see who represents models such as yourself. Contact them all and see what they need from you to be submitted as new talent

KM

Aug 10 17 08:29 am Link