Forums > Model Colloquy > Logo as avatar?

Photographer

Vince_Falconer

Akron, Ohio, US

I'm posting here because I would rather get a models opinion than a fellow photographers.  Having my logo as my avatar,  does that seem like I'm being conceded? If you ran across my profile in a search would you be less likely,  more likely,  or no impact on if you viewed my portfolio.  I will be honest here the reason I have it set this way is because I am trying to set my self apart from the others.  Everyone just has their best shot up there and I wanted to do something different.  Please be brutally honest.  Alternatively I had the black and white photo of my family up there before I finished my logo.

Aug 26 17 12:23 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Vince_Falconer wrote:
I'm posting here because I would rather get a models opinion than a fellow photographers.  Having my logo as my avatar,  does that seem like I'm being conceded? If you ran across my profile in a search would you be less likely,  more likely,  or no impact on if you viewed my portfolio.  I will be honest here the reason I have it set this way is because I am trying to set my self apart from the others.  Everyone just has their best shot up there and I wanted to do something different.  Please be brutally honest.  Alternatively I had the black and white photo of my family up there before I finished my logo.

I wouldn't even bother to look at the profile or photos of anyone who used a logo as an avatar. It's self defeating, and yes it appears to be quite conceited as well.

You need to get my attention quickly with some sort of photo since that's what we are here for. It should be one of your best photos. If you don't get my attention within a second or two, there's no reason I would want to go any further into your profile.

With literally over a million registered users, you have to stand out from the others, and no logo you could possibly use is going to get you there. I doubt there's a single model who even cares that you have a logo, or what your logo looks like.

Using a family photo says one thing:  I'm not serious.  Show photos of models.

Besides that, MM rules prohibit having any photo showing anyone under the age of 16 on this site, so your family photo can't be here at all, and wouldn't be a good avatar if it could.

You have several photos that could be a good choice as an avatar, personally I like this one because of the bright color, but the other shot featuring the same model and setting is equally as nice:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170812/20/598fc3cc2b2fd_m.jpg

Aug 26 17 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I don't care for seeing your logo as your avatar either.

Aug 26 17 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Vince_Falconer

Akron, Ohio, US

Thank you!  And OK I will delete that photo. Its great to finally know what has been on my mind for the last few daya.

Aug 26 17 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Vince_Falconer

Akron, Ohio, US

Changes made!

Aug 26 17 03:44 pm Link