Thanks

Katie

Sep 21 17 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

Katie mac wrote:
I wasn't sure how much to charge could I have some advice. Thank you so much

How about updating your portfolio first.  99% of your photos are back in 2007.  And, you want to charge?

You could also post on this thread:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/839838

Like everything else, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Sep 21 17 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

JerryClark Photographer

Topeka, Kansas, US

The rates you have posted on your page are good for the current market.  I do agree that if you are seeking paid modeling work you should have work from the last eighteen months posted.

Sep 21 17 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I agree that you should update your portfolio!

Sep 21 17 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

Mr HOGs Poetry

Weaverville, North Carolina, US

I'd pay you $20 per hour. The clothing/nude thing doesn't matter to me. I only shoot nudes.

Some would pay you more, some less.

Sep 22 17 06:31 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Better.  The flat rate you previously had was a deal breaker.  I doubt I have ever paid $70 for bikini or lingerie unless it was a combined nude shoot.  Then the price usually goes to the nude side of the offer.  Not that I like that.  It encourages shooting all nudes with a $100 model and finding someone else for the clothed work.

The hundred is standard, but  ....

Consider raising the price by 20 for a one hour shoot and lowering the hourly rate by 20 per hour (or more) for three (or four) or more hours.

The last shoot I did, dresses and bikini, was 60 an hour.  Consider that she had waist long hair and is Chinese, which is much harder to find, and she is skilled and experienced and drop dead gorgeous.  If you believe in supply and demand, and you think your 70 is a good price, what should she should have charged for dresses and bikini.  I think she was about right.   Though I am not aware of your skill level nor am I commenting on your looks, just saying what I thought about her.  But you should consider your competition.  For models that are your size, shape, race, coloring- is the buyer going to have several choices and end up making a decision based with price as the final determining factor.  If so, what are you offering to make you more desirable in features, skill, experience, willingness or price?

The reality in setting prices is supply and demand.  If you are getting more work than you can handle at the prices you have set,  raise them.  If you need more work, lower them.  Find the balance point that allows you to make the greatest income you can in the least amount of hours.  Or set a standard for what you want to be able to make in any given month with x hours of shooting.  If you need to make a minimum of 3000 a month, how many hours at what pricing will accomplish that easily, and still leave you time and energy to put extra in the bank to make up for the slow months- which you will have.

Also consider your market. Some rural places push the rates really low because there is more supply than demand.  Some rural places, the supply is well below the demand and the price gets higher than you are considering.  The same can to be true for urban areas but there tends to be more supply in the geographic region, if not per capita.

You can also consider the photographer and what he can do for you.  Someone that can market you to publications and increase your brand, is probably still worth doing a spec shoot with.  Someone that is rude and condescending isn't worth working with at any price.

Sep 22 17 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Know Idea

Los Angeles, California, US

$0.00

10 year old photos? Are you serious?

Sep 22 17 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Yosh Studio

Los Angeles, California, US

Know Idea wrote:
$0.00

10 year old photos? Are you serious?

Well...if you'll get naked I really don't think anyone on MM cares how old your pics are. But you should least have one naked photo in your portfolio.

Sep 22 17 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

sjx

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Hi Katie - Your rate is influenced not only by your look, but also your portfolio presentation and performance over time. What does it say that you have been here for ten years but only show ten year old photos? You should post in Critique, since personal critiques are not allowed here.

Sep 22 17 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Yosh Studio wrote:

Well...if you'll get naked I really don't think anyone on MM cares how old your pics are. But you should least have one naked photo in your portfolio.

I care what she looks like today whether she is nude or not!

Sep 22 17 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

I wouldn't even bother to contact a model who states she does nudes, yet has no current nude work showing in her portfolio.

There are people who will pay your stated rates, and others who won't.  In this area, there are often nude models offering to work for trade, and others have rates starting at $50 per hour posing for photography. You have to price yourself for your own market, not based on what models are asking somewhere else.

Sep 22 17 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

Katie mac wrote:

Thanks

Katie

To model? The photographer will let you know what they charge.

Sep 22 17 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I think the rate of $100 per hour is near the top of the ask. That is usually reserved for the top or near top nude models who travel. ( though now some are asking for $120 to $150)

My concern as a photographer who has shot almost entirely art nudes for 10 years is that you have no nude images in your port. It leaves me to believe that you have little experience in that genre as well as there may be issues look wise.

Of course you are free to set whatever price you want but based on the unknown I would only shoot nudes on a trade basis or maybe twenty dollars an hour.

Sep 25 17 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

TEB-Art Photo

Carrboro, North Carolina, US

"My concern as a photographer who has shot almost entirely art nudes for 10 years is that you have no nude images in your port"

Agree 100%. It is a factor that, in my mind, might signify a higher risk of the model "flaking" on me.

Sep 25 17 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

WCR3

Houston, Texas, US

I think you're dreaming.

It's never gonna happen.

Sep 25 17 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Katie mac wrote:

Thanks

Katie

VERY pretty, with no relevant work, but open to what I do, maybe $15/hr, if things are slow.  Good looking, and open to what I do, but no experience, trade.  Very good looking, very skilled, and I actually have some money, $50-100 an hour, or if I'm lucky, trade  smile.  No nudes, or the looks don't fit my interest, I charge $300-500, and up.

Oct 09 17 01:45 pm Link