Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique of modeling

Model

pinkkatydid

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Hi all,

I would love a serious, (even brutal) critique of my ability to model. I'm experienced, but not that experienced, and I would love to hear the wisdom of you wiser folks.

Anabel

Sep 27 17 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Just a quick view of your overall portfolio, and I get the sense you would be a bundle of laughs to work with.

My only comment would be to add a great studio style color headshot to spotlight your beauty, in the photo where you are kneeling on the floor with your wrists bound I can see your face enough to know I want to see more of it.

I wish you the best

Sep 27 17 07:46 pm Link

Model

pinkkatydid

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Thanks, I've been needing to get actual headshots and polaroids done for forever. And thanks for the critique!

Sep 27 17 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

I haven't checked all of your pictures for credits for your photographer(s)  but it looks like there's only one so far.  Consequently, any criticism I might make would be more of him than of you. 
The first thing I'd suggest you do would be to shoot TF with several photographers who shoot in as many styles and genres as possible in order to correct this problem.  If I were to consider using you as a model I'd want to see a wider range of expression and to see you working in more styles or "looks" than you demonstrate here.  And that applies to poses as well as facial expressions and makeup/hair styling, etc.
I get the feeling that you are really a very pretty young woman but so far only https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/43124680 supports that theory, at least for me.   

And bear in mind this is
All IMHO as always, of course.

Oct 03 17 06:33 pm Link