Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > What look for me? Want to collaborate?

Model

Mishelle portfolio

Miami, Florida, US

I'm looking for ideas on what looks would look good on me makeup wise and hair wise and styling. Pictures are great as an example.

&

Who's interested in collaborating?
If not local maybe either one of us can travel sometimes to the others area.

Wardrobe stylists perhaps we can collaborate virtually.

Oct 19 17 11:58 am Link

Model

Mishelle portfolio

Miami, Florida, US

Anyone?

Oct 24 17 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Mishelle portfolio wrote:
...what looks would look good on me makeup wise and hair wise and styling...

Mishelle that would be up to the creative director on the session... And likely predicated on the client's needs etc. Typically a creative director; art director etc with use Casting as a vehicle to find talent ideal for the narrative.

Now the good news, you're already being proactive here by keeping your hair length long...  The longer the better! This affords the broadest array of creative possibility for the team's hair stylist...

Mishelle have you consider posting an Availability Notice?
Solicitations are inappropriate in the Stylist Forum, hope this makes sense...

Mishelle you've been on Mayhem seven years maybe it's germane to endeavor to build a team to collaborate with. Best advice? Attend every fashion event in your market to better understand who the emerging clothing designers and wardrobe stylist are... Then be proactive to contact those with whom you feel have a visual statement that you adore... Let them know that you would be honored to collaborate with them on any of there projects. Even at 5' 5" there may be opportunities as an promotional model for their brand...

btw, you are extremely fortunate to be located in a major market... enough said.

Hope this helps or is at least food for thought...
I wish you well on your journey Mishelle

Oct 25 17 05:59 am Link

Photographer

NoMiPortfolio

Miami, Florida, US

I have many ideas.  Let's shoot.

Aug 02 18 11:20 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

When will you be in Philadelphia?

Aug 03 18 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Philip Brown

Long Beach, California, US

You don't have many photos in your portfolio.
no good way to really tell what your best looks are if you don't try more out first

Aug 18 18 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Todd Meredith

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

When a photographer looks at a model's portfolio, he/she is not checking to see if you've tried a certain look in the past.  They are looking to see if the way you look (features, hair, eyes, height, weight, etc) match the requirements of the person they need for a given project.  Many people confuse the genres in which a model prefers to work as the only looks he/she can present.  A good HMUA and the right clothes can turn a punk rocker into an English lady, a handyman into an executive or vice versa.  It's the foundation that's important.  In quite a few of the cosplay and Steampunk shoots I've done, the model had never even thought of working in that genre or particular look. 

A portfolio shows versatility, not the only looks you can present.

Aug 20 18 07:43 am Link

Makeup Artist

sonalparpani

Woodland Hills, California, US

Follow me on sonal_mua_browartist if you would like to collaborate

Jun 22 19 04:17 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alison D Friedman

New York, New York, US

I'm looking for ideas on what looks would look good on me makeup wise and hair wise and styling. Pictures are great as an example.

&

If not local maybe either one of us can travel sometimes to the others area.

Hi Mishelle,

Thomas Van Dyke is right on point when he said it's up to the Art Director. If you're just starting out and building your portfolio, then it would be a good idea to work with a wardrobe stylist. For TFP shoots, the photographer, wardrobe stylist, hair, and MUA will be working with various themes. Your hairstyle and makeup look will go with whatever you're wearing during the shoot. For example, if you're doing a shoot that incorporates both a soft, feminine look transitioning into something bold and edgy, you and your team would probably start with natural hairstyles and makeup before getting more creative. If you're looking to collaborate with wardrobe stylists out of your area, feel free to send me a message or follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/alison_d_friedman/?hl=en.

Jul 15 19 08:50 pm Link