Photographer

Jack the Calico

Miami, Florida, US

http://www.alvaroalcaide.com/wp-content … 11/RAM.jpg

The image above is 5400x3600. The one below is the same image resized to 1500x1000.

Obviously, my computer can't handle how to show big images, but I wonder what it is? Not enough RAM, bad graphics card, not enough definition of the screen?

Nov 27 17 06:32 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

5400 x 3600 x 3 bytes (24bpp) = 55.6Mb (quite close to the 57Mb document size on your screenshot)

Without knowing what exactly you are doing, what your hardware is, what software you have installed on it and with what settings: each layer and mask you use, each additional open document, each running application etc. uses more RAM. Normally if you don't have enough RAM PS will warn you about it. The artifacts may be due to a bug.

Things to try:
- Restart PS, clean any temp/scratch directories and open the image again
- Try different settings for cache levels etc.
- Try different software/version

Nov 27 17 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Jack the Calico

Miami, Florida, US

anchev wrote:
5400 x 3600 x 3 bytes (24bpp) = 55.6Mb (quite close to the 57Mb document size on your screenshot)

Without knowing what exactly you are doing, what your hardware is, what software you have installed on it and with what settings: each layer and mask you use, each additional open document, each running application etc. uses more RAM. Normally if you don't have enough RAM PS will warn you about it. The artifacts may be due to a bug.

Things to try:
- Restart PS, clean any temp/scratch directories and open the image again
- Try different settings for cache levels etc.
- Try different software/version

Thanks. I changed the cache levels and the problem was solved.

Nov 27 17 11:20 am Link