Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > When you're in the perfect spot . . .

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

.  .  .  shooting the perfect model  .  .  .  do ya ever worry you're REALLY the only thing that could go wrong  .  .  .  wink  I remember shooting film, and bracketing the heck outta stuff so ya wouldn't miss "the shot", and then worrying about it until the moment you saw the proof sheet  .  .  .  then it was either relief, or reshoot  .  .  .  wink  Digital is SO much easier on my nerves  .  .  .

SOS

Dec 06 17 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

That is one of the reasons why I no longer shoot film.

Dec 06 17 08:24 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
That is one of the reasons why I no longer shoot film.

Yep, much as I liked the "process" of doing film, the immediacy of shooting digital, makes doing adjustments on the fly so simple and stress free  .  .  .  I seldom shoot with anything but myself and the model at this point, no assistants, no bounce boards, not much gear to speak of, I really enjoy the energy of it all  .  .  .  if something needs a bit of tweaking, easy enough to get it right there and then  .  .  .  who knew technology could be THIS much fun  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Dec 06 17 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Film is just sooooo dying out right now.  Several of the film selling vendors at the Camera Swapmeet are packin it up and not returning... stating they just can't sell the film.  Along with that comes the extreme inconvenience of trying to get it processed and printed.  One hour film developing photo labs are a thing of the past out here... sad

Dec 06 17 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Python Photos

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

Yep, I started on film, and I'm glad for that learning experience. On the other hand, I feel that I'm too old for film now.

Dec 07 17 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

I remember when I would bring hobbyists with me to assist on shoots and they were always shocked that I carried two 35mm cameras, one would have a polaroid back to help with safety and lighting.  It would help set up with lighting.  Especially when I would shoot off strobes. 

Many of these assistants thought it was like cheating.  It still didn't guarantee your film would actually come out.

Dec 07 17 06:44 pm Link