Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Flickr alternative...

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Back in the spring, after an operating system update, I was locked out of my Flickr page. My Flickr is/was where I display my aviation and car show photography. When I tried to sign in again, my password was not recognized. So began the journey to get a new password. I've been at it for eight months now. I have two case numbers and have sent more than a dozen emails, all unanswered, and I've roamed their forums looking for help, to no avail. Really, now all I want to do is to be able to sign in so I can close the account and delete my photographs. No one seems to be in charge at Flickr. Anyway, I've given up. I can't even sign in to my ancient Yahoo account because I don't have a password for that anymore and I haven't been able to secure a new password.

Sadly, or not, I like the way Flickr catalogs images in albums and that I could customize the page header appearance. I'd like to find another service where I can do similar things. I have a use.com account right now but it's pretty basic and not very stylish. I've fished around trying to find a reasonably useful and attractive place I can display my airshow and car show pictures without much luck. So, does anyone have any recommendations? Places where they display images? A free service would be ideal of course.

Dec 22 17 08:51 am Link

Photographer

tomaszc

Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Back in the spring, after an operating system update, I was locked out of my Flickr page. My Flickr is/was where I display my aviation and car show photography. When I tried to sign in again, my password was not recognized. So began the journey to get a new password. I've been at it for eight months now. I have two case numbers and have sent more than a dozen emails, all unanswered, and I've roamed their forums looking for help, to no avail. Really, now all I want to do is to be able to sign in so I can close the account and delete my photographs. No one seems to be in charge at Flickr. Anyway, I've given up. I can't even sign in to my ancient Yahoo account because I don't have a password for that anymore and I haven't been able to secure a new password.

Sadly, or not, I like the way Flickr catalogs images in albums and that I could customize the page header appearance. I'd like to find another service where I can do similar things. I have a use.com account right now but it's pretty basic and not very stylish. I've fished around trying to find a reasonably useful and attractive place I can display my airshow and car show pictures without much luck. So, does anyone have any recommendations? Places where they display images? A free service would be ideal of course.

Do you do it yahoo recovery ? I use flickr about one years this is ok . You can use Google Picture or 500px

Dec 22 17 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Somewhere approximately 25+ years ago wile I was still pretty web shy I used an alias to sign into pages I wanted to try but was feeling unfamiliar with who they are. Flicker parent Yahoo from I don't even know what remembered me as a Bart Knarley from one of those ancient log inns.

The rub is Ill be darned If I can now put a flicker account in my own dang name as it insist I am Bart Knarley. Kind of frustrating all these going on several decades to be stuck with an alias I cannot for the life of me seem to change.
I can banner the page in my name but it still has no SEO in anything other that the alias that is not connectable to their phone app options.

That doesn't help you except to know I feel your pain.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131066814@N03/

Dec 22 17 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Craiger

Lakeland, Florida, US

Hi Frank.....
Several months ago I had some issues with my Flickr page where it was not displaying like it was supposed to, and like it had for the almost 9 years I had it.  I went back and forth with Flickr and they kept saying there was no problem but the pages still were not displaying properly.  And even after sending them screen-shots they still maintained there was nothing wrong!!
So.....
After over 9 years with Flickr I left and went to Smugmug and have never been happier!!  Like you, I also liked how Flickr worked, but I think it was because I was just used to it and how was things worked.  But after being on Smugmug for a few months, I can't believe I didn't migrate here sooner.
Check it out, maybe you'll like it.....

/Craig

https://craigmatthai.smugmug.com/

Dec 22 17 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

OP, if you really like how Flickr is layed out and it's functionality, why not just create another account since you're going to have to do that anyway if you go somewhere else.

And, this time don't lose your password because now you'll know what a pain in the ass it's going to be.  smile

Dec 23 17 05:33 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Thanks, Eddie, but no. I endured their mistreatment as long as I could. I really don't wan to have a Yahoo account either. A real P.I.T.A. So now I'm outa there. I may give SmugMug a look. My brother out in AZ is a nature photographer and has recommended SmugMug to me from time to time.

Dec 23 17 08:41 am Link