Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Anyone do post-holiday shopping?

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

I'm told that there are some terrific bargains for "smart" shoppers right after the holidays.  Anyone do this regularly?  Where are the best bargains?

Dec 24 17 10:56 am Link

Photographer

A Thousand Words

Lakeland, Florida, US

I used to get all mt christmas decorations for next year on the day after the holiday.

Thats about it.

Dec 24 17 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I'm all set.  I saved $80. on a lens from B&H.   smile

Dec 24 17 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Except for decorations, in this day and age there's not a lot of 'terrific deals' just because the holiday has ended for several reasons.

1.  Everything is rock bottom price on Amazon, Ebay, and many other websites every day of the year.
2.  There's not a huge markup in the MAIN items a person wants (cameras, TV's Video game systems).  The retailers make their money from selling accessory and extended service plans.
3.  "30 Day price guarantees" from many merchants...  why lower the price on something that's already been sold and risk losing the profit from it?

With that said, the international CES show comes to LV only 2 weeks after Christmas, where they unveil the newest, latest, and greatest in technology making your brand new Christmas present obsolete.  Ahhh, the cycle of life!

Dec 24 17 12:26 pm Link