Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Post Xmas credit card issues?

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Was going to buy DxO's new software to maybe replace the new Lightroom rentalware, plus they have the NIK Viveza Control Points in it which I use a lot since DxO bought them from Google.  Using my credit card, it went through their third-party processing unit, but no email with the key or purchase was returned.  Didn't proceed to the download either.  So I try again using Internet Explorer rather than Firefox.  Same issue. Got nothing back other than "Processing..."  Nothing.

DxO then gave me the option to use PayPal.  Tried that, opened up PayPal for approval and all good, and back to DxO "Processing..." and again nothing.

Then the bank gets a hold of me and suspends my credit card over "Possible fraudulent usage" and killed it off. Matter of minutes too.  Sending me a new card which takes 7-10 days.  Cleared out the PayPal card too as it's the same one.  Ugh!

Don't know what's up with DxO's website store, but something's busted.  I sent feedback to them, but nothing other than a generic email reply.  Lesson learned is "Do not hit the purchase twice, or attempt it again as you may lose your card!"

Fwiw, I got three credit cards replaced in one year when Adobe had a breach of their fantastic Cloud security too.  Least they told me they lost it, but it's still a pain dealing with ID theft, invalidating purchases and a lot of monthly subscriptions made by the crooks, and the wait and change of the credit cards.  Wish these outfits wouldn't keep cards stored as they seem to lose them, or mess up a purchase with them which leaves you without a card until new one shows up.

So my post Xmas online sales have been squashed with no credit card.  Merry Xmas!

Dec 27 17 06:07 am Link