Forums > Newbie Forum > Photographer in North Idaho introducing myself

Photographer

jmlaz01

Moscow, Idaho, US

Hello everyone. I am a photographer in Moscow, Idaho. For quite a few years did mostly landscape and wildlife. The last 4 or so I have been actively pursuing portrait. Would like to turn it into a business someday, but for now it is a hobby. I have uploaded about 20 photos of my work, will probably upload about 20 more. Friendly people around here in northern Idaho, but not too much edge, as you will see from my pictures. Looking forward to taking more chances and branching out with people on MM. I am getting a Canon 5d Mk IV in a few weeks and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it and sharing some images here. Please check out my profile and let me know what you think.    jmlaz01
Thanks
Jay

Jan 11 18 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

sweet gamine

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Hello Jay!
Welcome to Model Mayhem.

Jan 11 18 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Colorado Photographer

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

Hello Jay,

Your going to love the 5d mark iv. I just picked one up recently and it’s a crazy awesome camera.

I have just gotten back into shooting people again but what really helped me a few years ago was to network with as many models as I could but I had the same problem as you being located in Kalispell Montana.  So I planned a trip to Florida where models seem to gather in abundance and spent a week doing nothing but shooting and got some great shots with some really cool people.

I now reside in Newport Rhode Island close to Boston and New York where there are many more opportunities.  So just keep shooting and maybe plan a trip to a warmer climate where beach shots are done all year long.

Good luck.

Jan 11 18 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

jmlaz01

Moscow, Idaho, US

Newport Photographer wrote:
Hello Jay,

Your going to love the 5d mark iv. I just picked one up recently and it’s a crazy awesome camera.

I have just gotten back into shooting people again but what really helped me a few years ago was to network with as many models as I could but I had the same problem as you being located in Kalispell Montana.  So I planned a trip to Florida where models seem to gather in abundance and spent a week doing nothing but shooting and got some great shots with some really cool people.

I now reside in Newport Rhode Island close to Boston and New York where there are many more opportunities.  So just keep shooting and maybe plan a trip to a warmer climate where beach shots are done all year long.

Good luck.

Thanks for reply.
Yes, my wife and I are going to London in March and probably Hawaii in July, so some good opportunities there. Will try to remember to share my thoughts with you on 5D. I am sure it will not disappoint.
Jay

Jan 12 18 06:49 am Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to MM. smile

Jan 12 18 10:27 am Link