Photographer

noir

Crewe, England, United Kingdom

Who has dreams that appear to come true?

This post is prompted very tangentially,  A railway engineer friend from Nottingham appeared in a dream last night. Woke up and the station is on fire.  Truthfully, in the dream, he just held me up, waiting for him escaping on his bike.  No real correlation.

But recently I repeatedly dreamed entering my childhood home, from decades ago,  Unexpedtedly, I delivered a community newsletter, and got invited in.  First time there since a child,

My cynical father says I should dream of winning the lottery....

That said, my mother repeatedly had detailed dreams that later happened.

Jan 12 18 10:38 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

if i remember dreams (which i rarely do) most of the details have been forgotten by the time i get out of the shower. my subconscious is boring.

what i suffer from is an ability to recall vivid details of memories, going back to when i was really young...as in two years old. and not as in traumatic episodes, just day to day, general stuff.

Jan 12 18 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

I had an interesting one the other night.  It's even photography related.

In real life I was desperately trying to output a bunch of images onto thumb drives (very slow process.  I don't recommend it) and I needed them ready to go by 5:00 am before I left for work.   I started copying files and fell asleep in a chair.

In the dream I was in a hallway at a high school.  A man popped out into the hallway waved for my attention and pointed urgently into the room.  I thought "We got a situation here."

I woke up and checked the drives.  One of the drives had hung up.  I started the copy process again and went to bed.  Everything was ready in the morning.

Jan 12 18 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I always am kind of blown away by dreams. consider this....your brain is able to compile a fairly coherent "script". location,look of the location, weather, etc etc and also interactions with others.
say you meet someone  in your dream and you ask them a question...they answer the question and its usually understandable.

it amazes me your brain can in lightning quick fashion have the person you are talking to answer the question
with an answer you didnt essentially plan on.  as though your brain considered your question you posed and came up with the answer and put it in the person you are talking to. amazing. I envy future people. because you just know they will work out how to record dreams someday.

Jan 12 18 05:32 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I’ve had dreams before that were clear enough to tell other people what was happening in their life. I was so sure this was the case I told a friend (not terribly close to me at all) what was going on in his life. It was so on-point he couldn’t understand how I knew this information. He was kind of freaked out so I told him I dreamed it.

I remember my dreams like stories. I don’t know if I’m highly intuitive or what but these days I use them as a learning tool. I don’t share them with others anymore. Your mind is very aware; it depends how in touch you are with your subconscious & the world around you.

Jan 13 18 08:38 am Link