Forums > Critique > Critique (implied nude)

Model

Karmen Roze

Atlanta, Georgia, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180114/12/5a5bc47a4d41e_m.jpg
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180114/13/5a5bc82a00fcd_m.jpg

Model: Karmen Roze  - www.instagram.com/karmenroze, www.facebook.com/royalwavequeen
Photographer: Baam - www.instagram.com/prince_baam
Camera: Nikon 3400
Editing Software: Photoscape X

My goal was to invoke a sense of helplessness, confinement, and vulnerability with these shots. I want to hear you guys' opinions of my attempt at conveying my intended ideal. Pointers are welcome.

Jan 14 18 01:27 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Karmen Roze wrote:

Model: Karmen Roze  - www.instagram.com/karmenroze, www.facebook.com/royalwavequeen
Photographer: Baam (me) - www.instagram.com/prince_baam

My goal was to invoke a sense of helplessness, confinement, and vulnerability with these shots. Karmen is pretty talented with posing. I want to hear you guys' opinions of my attempt at conveying my intended ideal. Pointers are welcome.

How come this is posted under the model's account when you clearly state you are the photographer?  MM rules prohibit anyone else other than the model from using a model's account.

Jan 14 18 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Designit - Edward Olson

West Hollywood, California, US

Karmen Roze wrote:

Photographer: Baam (me) - www.instagram.com/prince_baam

My goal was to invoke a sense of helplessness, confinement, and vulnerability with these shots. Karmen is pretty talented with posing. I want to hear you guys' opinions of my attempt at conveying my intended ideal. Pointers are welcome.

MatureModelMM wrote:
How come this is posted under the model's account when you clearly state you are the photographer?  MM rules prohibit anyone else other than the model from using a model's account.

Busted! And he tried to edit his post to hide the fact...?

Jan 14 18 06:26 pm Link

Model

Karmen Roze

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Designit - Edward Olson wrote:

Busted! And he tried to edit his post to hide the fact...?

Lol she's right here (physically). Im her manager, but I will delete this post if it is grounds for account cancellation. I tried to contact the mods about this

Jan 14 18 07:29 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Karmen Roze wrote:
Lol she's right here (physically). Im her manager, but I will delete this post if it is grounds for account cancellation. I tried to contact the mods about this

QFT.  Directly from the MM Rules:

Dishonest Account Ownership

Because we are a networking site for real-life work between individual artists, we expect everyone who registers a Model Mayhem member profile to be who they say they are. Member accounts are intended for personal, individual artist use only.

We do not tolerate dishonest account ownership or dishonest account maintenance. The following behaviors are included in dishonest account ownership, but are not limited to:

Creating an account for someone else
Allowing anyone but the person whose work or face is represented to login or access an account
This includes assistants, managers, or agent

Jan 14 18 08:28 pm Link

Model

Karmen Roze

Atlanta, Georgia, US

MatureModelMM wrote:

QFT.  Directly from the MM Rules:

Dishonest Account Ownership

Because we are a networking site for real-life work between individual artists, we expect everyone who registers a Model Mayhem member profile to be who they say they are. Member accounts are intended for personal, individual artist use only.

We do not tolerate dishonest account ownership or dishonest account maintenance. The following behaviors are included in dishonest account ownership, but are not limited to:

Creating an account for someone else
Allowing anyone but the person whose work or face is represented to login or access an account
This includes assistants, managers, or agent

There must be a resolution;  Because I failed to adhere to community standards, what can I, or we, do to resolve this issue and uphold the integrity of this account?

Jan 14 18 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Francisco Castro

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Asking for a critique, then suddenly....

https://i.giphy.com/media/PsBRTPKG71YVq/200.gif

Did not see that coming.

Jan 22 18 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

Karmen Roze wrote:
There must be a resolution;  Because I failed to adhere to community standards, what can I, or we, do to resolve this issue and uphold the integrity of this account?

Is she a diva?  Is there a reason why she can't do it herself?  Oh, wait, her FB name is @royalwavequeen.

Edit:  Alternatively, is there a reason you don't just create a photographer account and upload your images?  Then, ask for a critique.

Jan 22 18 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Karmen Roze wrote:
Im her manager

Did you notice that her stats are not accurate?

Jan 23 18 08:43 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Well you asked for a critique. So yes these images are some of the worse images in her portfolio. The comp is bad as is the crop and the color balance. The  lighting is bad. These should be removed from her port. Also I would never hire a model who is controlled by a manager in this way.

When a photographer contacts a model to work with him he wants to know that he is working with the model not a faceless manager.  I don't know this model may have some abilities but she needs to work with much better photographers.

Jan 23 18 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:
Well you asked for a critique. So yes these images are some of the worse images in her portfolio. The comp is bad as is the crop and the color balance. The  lighting is bad. These should be removed from her port. Also I would never hire a model who is controlled by a manager in this way.

When a photographer contacts a model to work with him he wants to know that he is working with the model not a faceless manager.  I don't know this model may have some abilities but she needs to work with much better photographers.

Beat me to it

In a word, snapshots.

I see these images as being particularly unimpressive on many levels. The lighting, angles, lens choice, color balance, retouching and variety are all lacking. These are not portfolio worthy IMHO

After considering your claim to be the model's photographer and manager I sincerely expected a much higher standard of professionalism in the work. Do you expect these images will help the model find other work or further her career in any way?
Aside from your personal interest in the creation of these pics, what is the ultimate goal, how do you think these serve the models best interests? She has a lot of similar if not better images already in her portfolio.
My advice to you as a photographer would be to learn more about lighting, camera skills, and retouching and if asked, I would also advise the model to work with better photographers.

I find it unusual that you presume to post on the models' behalf and from her account.
Is this about you or the model?
If this is a genuine inquiry about your efforts, then perhaps it would be a little more respectful and forthright to post from your own account?

Jan 23 18 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

roger alan

Anderson, Indiana, US

I suspect that all (or vast majority) of the shots in this profile are by the OP, and that he is more than just her 'manager'.

Jan 23 18 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

Francisco Castro

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

roger alan wrote:
I suspect that all (or vast majority) of the shots in this profile are by the OP, and that he is more than just her 'manager'.

I noticed that. Which leads me to believe that the 'manager' is really the person who setup and administrates the account, with the model not really being involved in MM.

Jan 25 18 08:31 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Francisco Castro wrote:

I noticed that. Which leads me to believe that the 'manager' is really the person who setup and administrates the account, with the model not really being involved in MM.

Yes isn't that a site violation

Jan 25 18 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Francisco Castro wrote:

Yes isn't that a site violation

Jan 25 18 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Where are the Mods?

Jan 25 18 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

royalwavequeen managed by prince_baam

Jan 25 18 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Karmen Roze wrote:

You must quit posting on Karmen's account.

Jan 25 18 07:25 pm Link