Forums > Critique > New looking for critics.

Model

Ashley_model

Macon, Georgia, US

Hey everyone so I’m new and looking for advise and critics on my photos. I seem to be struggling with facial expressions so any tips/tricks would be appropriate.

Jan 16 18 08:58 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Pamela4184 wrote:
Hey everyone so I’m new and looking for advise and critics on my photos. I seem to be struggling with facial expressions so any tips/tricks would be appropriate.

You have a wonderful presence toward the camera, you are quite attractive and have a figure which is well proportioned for your height so those things will make you desirable for several genres of modelling.

One thing many new models do is to look at photos of other models in poses they like, or with expressions they like and then practice doing those poses and expressions in front of a mirror.  After a while it comes easier, and you can have a friend snap some quick photos so you can see how you are doing........don't try selfies for this, let someone else take the shots.

Another good option for beginners is to seek out photographers whose work they really like and are nearby, and if necessary pay for a photo session to get poses they can add to their portfolio.  Usually the more experienced photographers have a good eye for poses and lighting to get you the best shots possible.  You can start out by offering to model for them in trade for photos, but not all photographers are open to that.

You mention in the genres listed on your profile that you are interested in doing some lingerie and pinup type work.  You have a figure that seems to be well suited toward those, so you might start out by doing a photo session or two specifically in those two genres, since it's a good idea for models to show examples of what they have done in all the genres they list on their profile.

You also listed body paint,  but I noticed that you state you do not do nudes.  You need to be aware that models being body painted are almost always completely naked while being painted, sometimes for several hours while the painting is done and the results are photographed.  It is automatically expected that a body paint model will be OK with that level of exposure. Once in a great while, a body painter will allow the model to wear a g-string or a very tiny underpanty but that is not usually the case unless the painting is being done in a public place such as a gallery or a restaurant where there are outsiders watching the procedure.

Jan 16 18 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Before I get into your portfolio, let me advise you to remove your email address from your profile. That only invites scammers.

Jan 16 18 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Hello, Pamela.

The good news. You have a nice height, are an attractive redhead with a curvy figure that can lend itself to glamour and boudoir imagery. You also live in a gorgeous state with a lot of location shoot potential.

Facial expressions will take practice on your part. What I see in your port is inexperience. Nothing wrong with that, we all start somewhere. Make a list of emotions you want to convey and spend time practicing them in front of your mirror. Every day, if possible. Your role as a model is to provide visual expression of the artistic vision. That said, expressions will also come from your rapport with the photographers you work with.

One trick you might try is looking down while the photographer counts down from 3. When he or she gets to "1" look up and they take the photo at that moment.

My best advice is to connect with photographers, make-up artists and hair stylists in your area for trade shoots. Come back after you have done about six photo shoots.

I'd suggest getting rid of these two images. They do not sell you well.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180112/13/5a592ef77bc31_m.jpg

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180112/13/5a592f565c5bc_m.jpg

Generally speaking, couple pics should not be in your port. Maybe keep one for now to show you interacting with another person in photos but get rid of it after a couple more shoots.

And as I said before, get that email address off of your profile.

Jan 16 18 09:23 am Link

Model

Ashley_model

Macon, Georgia, US

Thank you for the feed back i have taken everything said into consideration and made the proper changes to my account

Jan 16 18 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

My first impression is WOW, great looking model.

So here are my impressions on your photos

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180115/15/5a5d3584c3d99_m.jpg
The pose:
Notice how tight your upper right arm is to your body, move your elbow out so you can fit an orange or grapefruit between elbow and body, the why, if you have space your arm will look thinner, in doing so you will also move your fingers so they will show long and lovely, instead of hiding as they wrap around your body, your midsection will show your shape more. Placing your left hand down with elbow away from body a bit will show long lines {not just a dead end at bottom of your elbow, but a long line from shoulder to your hip}.

Watch backgrounds, in this you have tree branches coming out the top of your head.

Tighten pocket on left side of your top so it is not hanging out, safety pin or double sided tape. What look like worn places in your jeans are distracting? Shorten necklace so it is above neckline of top.

[Just something to be aware of, notice how round your face looks, might be the fullness of your hair in this image]

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180115/15/5a5d3578779f7_m.jpg
Notice the shape of your upper right arm; it appears larger because you are supporting all the weight of your shoulder on it. [Negative bend, at elbow, see how your elbow appears to be bent forward?] Please show me all of your lovely right hand fingers in photo. Models left hand fingers look cut off due to pose. Lean forward so your shoulders are over your hips or even a bit forward, has a slimming effect at tummy.
Lowering models right shoulder will allow you neck to appear long and lovely.
[Notice how your face appears long in this photo due in part to hair placement]

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180115/15/5a5d356c9cb6f_m.jpg
This photo you just look washed out; your expression looks like you had a long hard day, think long lovely fingers not a fist.

I wish you well

Jan 17 18 04:39 pm Link

Model

Ashley_model

Macon, Georgia, US

New photos!! Would love to hear your thoughts!

Jan 27 18 05:41 am Link