Forums > Newbie Forum > Newie makeup artist to MM

Makeup Artist

MakeupbyMelina

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

Hi, i am an up-and-coming IMA mua and looking to work with models and photographers to build my portfolio. Please respond If you are looking to build your portfolio and require a mua. Also, i am also keen on getting advice on how to be a successful freelancer mua.

Jan 19 18 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Welcome! Always great to have more stylists in our community.

Jan 19 18 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

MakeupbyMelina wrote:
...looking to work with models and photographers to build my portfolio...

Melina, please consider using Mayhem's Casting and Availability Notices Function to find colleagues to collaborate with...

MakeupbyMelina wrote:
...I am also keen on getting advice on how to be a successful freelancer mua...

You might consider posting this query in the Hair, Makeup & Styling Forum in as this would be the most appropriate and germane Mayhem Forum to address this.

That said, every market is different... Here across the pond in Washington DC Bridal makeup gigs are the highest paying albeit the competition is rather keen... My revenue in makeup artistry comes from both Bridal and commercial assignments for Corporate Video. The corporate work is via an advertising agency in NYC. 

You would be wise to canvass the successful commercial makeup artist in Birmingham, England as to their client mix. Once again every market is different and markets vary depending on the time of year i.e. in Washington DC bridal is in extreme demand during May, June and July the falls off considerably as winter approaches. 

btw, here is my Mayhem Makeup Artist Profile

Hope this helps or is at least food for thought...
I wish you well on your journey Melina

Jan 19 18 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to MM. smile

Jan 19 18 10:46 pm Link