Forums > Newbie Forum > New to MM and to the Camera!

Model

Seraphina Abernathy

San Antonio, Texas, US

Hey there, hope everyone is having a fantastic 2018!
Wishing you all the best on your endevours! smile
Also nice to meet you guys, Im new to this and looking to get as many tips as possible!
I have never worked with a photographer professionally and was wondering how nervewreaking is it?
Tips of how to get comfortable, and best ways to promote myself besides youtube? smile
I really look forward to hearing from you guys!
Also Im a San Antonio Model if anyone is in the area and wants to work with me Id be so very honored!
Thank you so much!

Feb 25 18 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Welcome to the mayhem!

smile

Feb 25 18 09:36 pm Link

Model

Seraphina Abernathy

San Antonio, Texas, US

Well thank you so much! smile

Feb 25 18 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to MM. smile

Feb 25 18 10:25 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

HI.  I am a little confused.  Your start date is old but you seem to be new.  There are a lot of possible reasons for that,  But it could confuse potential clients about the level of your experience.  You might want to explain a little more about yourself in the bio.

Also concerning your bio:  Thank you for your service!

You may find reading the forums to be a useful tool to learn how various people react to and interpret different things.  The forums are slow compared to what they use to be, but they are also more civil.  You may have to go back a ways.  There is also a models forum that is open only to female models.  You should look into that,  And, if you want suggestions on how to improve your portfolio, please consider posting in the critique section,  O suggest reading in there first, so you get an idea of what the responses will be like and you can possibly do some self evaluation before you have to be bold enough to ask others.

Good luck to you.

Feb 26 18 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Dixon

Brownsville, Texas, US

Hi. I'm from Brownsville but I am in a facebook group for San Antonio Models, I think that is it's name. I'll be in San Antonio in May and I'd love to shoot you then. If you are coming down this direction, maybe South Padre Island, let me know. I come up every year for San Japan as well.  I'd love to shoot a sexy cosplay. 

The best advice I can give you is be open to shooting with people, have fun while doing it, it isn't heart surgery, no one is going to die when we mess it up, and we all mess it up sometimes. Watch some youtube videos on posing and practice your looks in the mirror, knowing what looks good and understanding a little about angles and lighting goes a long way to having good shoots, be open to direction but also be thinking of your own ideas and what you want out of a shoot. Trust your gut when dealing with photographers, there are weirdos out there of all types, just pass when in doubt.  Hope to meet you someday in the near future.

Feb 27 18 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Dixon

Brownsville, Texas, US

and I think we won't be doing any Jabba the Hut themed shoots, if that is Ok.

Feb 27 18 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Blonde Pony Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

From one vet to another, welcome and good luck. Too bad you're  so far away, big anime fan and like shooting cosplay.

Feb 27 18 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

myfotographer

Fresno, California, US

Welcome to the Mayhem

Mar 13 18 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Firth Fifth

San Antonio, Texas, US

Well, at the risk of resurrecting an old thread, welcome! I am in the SA area (long-time resident) and am also new to this forum.

If you are interested in TFP let me know via my profile. And I promise I will not be nerve-wracking!

Sep 03 18 06:58 pm Link