Forums > General Industry > Rebranding myself. Looking for a little advice

Model

Alex NW

Portland, Oregon, US

Ok so I know my port is old I have taken about a year off and I've got shoots lined up to update it.

My main question is; "How do I word it in a classy way"
I can't just say I divorced his dumb ass now grab your camera and lets have some fun.

Well I can say that but I'm not sure that's an effective way to express myself or how I choose to represent myself either.
I tried to say it in my profile but my words are lacking.
So I am here asking all of you for assistance

Mar 19 18 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Amber NW wrote:
My main question is; "How do I word it in a classy way"
I can't just say I divorced his dumb ass now grab your camera and lets have some fun.

Why do you need to say anything about your personal life?
Off hand, I'd say that about 50% of your profile is unnecessary.

Mar 19 18 11:53 am Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Nobody needs to know what circumstances have led to you deciding to expand/change the genres that you would like to model for.  Simply indicate in your profile that you are looking for opportunities to shoot those new/expanded genres.

Mar 19 18 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

I think one really important thing is to have good quality photos in your portfolio that represent the genre(s) you are trying to sell yourself on.   For example, I’ve passed on many models who represent themselves as figurative art (nude) models, yet none of their photos represent their look or suitability for this genre of work.

I think a portfolio is more important than profile and I prefer profiles that are short and to the point that give applicable information such as availability and rates.

Mar 19 18 12:08 pm Link

Model

Alex NW

Portland, Oregon, US

Thanks for the input I've taken some notes and made some changes.

Mar 19 18 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

goofus

Santa Barbara, California, US

" I divorced his dumb ass now grab your camera and lets have some fun"

works for me

Mar 22 18 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Fashion Figure Fantasy

Lexington, Kentucky, US

It might be worth finding the best photographer in your area that you can afford and paying them to shoot images for your portfolio that would depict what you want to do.

Then your wording can focus around the work you are doing and that you want to do more of it.

Mar 26 18 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

tcphoto

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I think that you've said quite enough.

Mar 28 18 05:58 am Link