Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Rest In Peace, Stan Lee

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

A cultural icon of our times. 95, he had a LONG run!
I was reading Marvel comics when I was a kid, had X-men 1-10 until Mom got pissed at our messy room and burned all of our comic books. Wah!!!!

Stan Lee changed our ideas of what a superhero/heroine was forever, he brought out a human element that seemed missing in the DC comics of the day.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sta … 36633.html

Nov 12 18 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I think everyone is bummed  .  .  .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGD_IBds7h8xHSvKzFdfC84nPu0zZrs-TWDCQMJHoSoA8fEJkJg

.  .  .  I was living in Europe in the early '60's, Marvel Comics were my only bridge to the "real" world  .  .  .  wink  RIP SL  .  .  .

SOS

Nov 12 18 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

DAMN...Your mom...burned..all of your comics? did she do it in a ceremonial kind of way and make you watch and lit the comics on fire  or was it already done and you were told about it after? I have to say....thats pretty out there. I mean, when I screwed up I recall not being able to stay up late or go out with my friends I dont ever remember my parents ever destroying anything. is it possible she just told you she did and hid them away? because damn thats some cold juju if you ask me.

Nov 12 18 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

R.I.P.  Stan Lee
you created an expanding universe that is the only rival to our own

excelsior!

Nov 12 18 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

never was a big comic book fan, but even i know of his contribution to the medium.

r.i.p.

Nov 12 18 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
DAMN...Your mom...burned..all of your comics? did she do it in a ceremonial kind of way and make you watch and lit the comics on fire  or was it already done and you were told about it after? I have to say....thats pretty out there. I mean, when I screwed up I recall not being able to stay up late or go out with my friends I dont ever remember my parents ever destroying anything. is it possible she just told you she did and hid them away? because damn thats some cold juju if you ask me.

Back then they were just comic book, not worth the twelve cents we paid for them. They were a pile of ashes in the incinerator in the back yard when I got home from school.

My brother and I shared a room, it was really messy. In my defense, both my parents where fairly messy too, Mom much less than Dad. My parents were awesome, I could not have asked for a better home to be born in.

I also do not wish to dicuss the multitude of amazing items I've let slip through my hands, little realizing that decades later they would be very valuable. We were all surrounded by treasures back then but in context it was just stuff.

So it goes, we cannot predict the future. In relation to some of the other items, the comics were small potatoes.

Nov 13 18 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Harbek Photography

Snead, Alabama, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
A cultural icon of our times. 95, he had a LONG run!
I was reading Marvel comics when I was a kid, had X-men 1-10 until Mom got pissed at our messy room and burned all of our comic books. Wah!!!!

Stan Lee changed our ideas of what a superhero/heroine was forever, he brought out a human element that seemed missing in the DC comics of the day.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sta … 36633.html

Nov 15 18 06:29 am Link

Photographer

Harbek Photography

Snead, Alabama, US

Harbek Photography wrote:

Nov 15 18 06:30 am Link

Photographer

Harbek Photography

Snead, Alabama, US

Been there!  As a teen, I came home from school one day, and was greeted by my mom
who proudly announced,----I got all those old comic books out of your chest of drawers and burned them for you.

R I P Stan Lee, a very creative mind, thanks for the entertainment.

Nov 15 18 06:46 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Harbek Photography wrote:
Been there!  As a teen, I came home from school one day, and was greeted by my mom
who proudly announced,----I got all those old comic books out of your chest of drawers and burned them for you.

R I P Stan Lee, a very creative mind, thanks for the entertainment.

Yikes!!!! An epidemic!!!! Wah!!!! I've long since forgiven my Mom (RIP), at that point in time they were just comic books.

Only now are we able to view in a different perspective.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/can … 35466.html

Nov 15 18 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Sure we all know the popular ones.....but this is a list and description/picture of ALL the characters he created....alot of them unknown.
I think they should tap into some of these rather than just keep recycling spiderman every other year.

I mean....BEHOLD GOOGAM...SON OF GOOM   lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: … y_Stan_Lee

Nov 15 18 11:02 pm Link