Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Redacted

Given the feedback so far I think I will totally rework this image

Thanks for the critique smile

Nov 21 18 09:24 am Link

Model

YuliettGONE

Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

If it is ad for glasses, then ok, though they sit wrong.

Nov 21 18 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

OP has removed the image to work on it so I have removed my critique.

Nov 21 18 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Shadow Dancer wrote:

I am considering the title of the OP as to the focus of my critique.

This is the "face of an agency" in Vancouver BC, an important market.

The most expressive feature of a face is the eyes. We can tell they are there and open because we can see the lashes of the left eye and more or less an impression of the right eye. We cannot tell what the eyes are expressing, the reflections on the right lens of the sunglasses are obscuring that eye and anything it may be conveying. There is no connection with the person viewing the image.

The second most expressive feature of a face is the mouth. The shape of the mouth expresses a calm, pleasant aura but it's not powerful enough to convey "the face of an agency". Again, no real connection with the viewer.

The styling is "meh", the hair has frizzies and frazzles and the make-up too subtle to convey any message on it's own. The piercing hole in the ear should be retouched, a distracting blemish. The small dark spot on her forehead and the bump on her right cheek, between the nose and the mouth and to the left of both need retouching - as does the small crease in her skin in the middle of her neck.

I am seeing the same "fuzziness" and "jpeg blocks" that I mentioned to you recently.

Those are the problems I see. How to improve? This is what I would try.

Turn the model a bit more towards the camera. Have her bring her left hand up and either pull the glasses down so the eyes are revealed or remove the glasses and hold them with the lenses facing at a downward angle more or less clear of the face. I would try both and choose the better of the two ideas.

Engage your model!!!! Get some different expressions, something alive, something that looks THROUGH the lens into the eyes of the person viewing the image.

By doing those things you've added the most expressive part of the body - the hands (the feet are the second most expressive), brought the eyes and mouth fully into play and now you have an image of the FACE. Hope this helps, cheers!

True about the Eyes

Agencies are not big on having shots of their Models wearing Eyewear - unless its an eyewear campaign ( which this is not )

The Model simply brought some cool looking sunglasses with her to the shoot

and I thought it would be interesting to photograph them

Along with many other looks

Nov 21 18 01:51 pm Link