Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > I am brand new here and need a critique.

Model

TaylorGable

Punta Gorda, Florida, US

I know I need more images.

Dec 28 18 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Photo Art by LJ

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You have a good start to your porfolio. You made a good choice in getting professionally-done (albeit fairly plain) photos rather than cell phone snapshots. You just need to diversify now, getting a variety of styles.

Decide what style you want in your port, then find quality photographers in your area whose ports your admire, and see if they'd be willing to shoot trade with you. If not, see what their rates are and consider paying for a shoot.

Since your bio says you want to do sports and fitness, I'd get some of that genre in your port. Currently no shots show you without a shirt. Your bio says you have a fit physique, so you should get some photos that show off that physique.

Remove this line from your bio as it is not relevant to photographers:  "I enjoy social media and I am good with computers."

Instead, consider adding that you're interested in shooting trade with quality photographers.

Of your 5 photos, this pose feels a little awkward to me:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/44948453

Keep it for now, but ditch it later once you have more photos.

One of the best male models in my area has this port:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/matusv

This shows what you might aim for over time as you develop more of a port, if that style interests you. If not, find other male model portfolios that are of really good models, and aim for photos like what they have as you continue your journey.

Good luck!

Dec 28 18 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Jarrett Porst

Los Angeles, California, US

Jan 11 19 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

PR PHOTO

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Your portfolio as it stands now isn't bad... But it isn't complete yet. You have great shots that show off your face and your serious expression but you need some shots showing you in a lighter mood. A little smile would add a lot to your portfolio. I also feel that there is a great physique under that shirt and it should be featured in your portfolio. So much of male modeling these days is physique based and I think you have a lot to offer in that field. Get with a good photographer and explore a few more shots to expand your portfolio and you'll be well on your way to becoming a great model!

Mar 25 19 08:51 am Link

Model

Miss Melissa1

Antioch, California, US

Very handsome and off to a great start... find some good photographers and do a few TFP!

Apr 15 19 07:59 pm Link