Forums > Model Colloquy > Non-standard body-type models

Photographer

adamstryk

Norwalk, Connecticut, US

Are there any male models with non-standard body types (wheelchair, amputee, midget, scaring, or extreme tattooing) or photographers who specialize in non-standard male body types who are enrolled on Model Mayhem?

Jan 03 19 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Al_Vee Photography

Asheville, North Carolina, US

There are many heavily tattooed models here. There are also some folks who fit the other groups you have mentioned - though they might be hard to find and difficult to search for, specifically on this site. There is an African model here, with albinism, whose work I particularly enjoyed viewing. I'll see if I can find them again.

By the way, "non-standard" body types, in the context of model photography, typically means any appearance that is not agency standard fashion stats. By industry definition, an able-bodied person, with no body modifications, over the age of about 27 or so, 5'5 and 140 pounds would be considered VERY "non-standard" for modeling.

You seem to be using this word to refer to individuals with particularly unique looks, or medical/physical circumstances that have given them a "niche" look. That may confuse some people as to what you are seeking, since many who are plus sized, a bit older or shorter than agency height are going to be identified broadly as non-standard.

Edit. Found it! : You might like this man's work.   https://www.modelmayhem.com/4383351

Jan 04 19 07:57 am Link