Forums > Photography Talk > Anyone familiar with this software?

Photographer

Los Angeles Glamour

Los Angeles, California, US

http://www.inpixio.com/EN/static/lp/pho … gJ0sfD_BwE

I'm most interested in the claim to do much better job of removing backgrounds... An onerous task in Photoshop.

May 09 19 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

63fotos

Flagstaff, Arizona, US

Los Angeles Glamour wrote:

I'm most interested in the claim to do much better job of removing backgrounds... An onerous task in Photoshop.

looks interesting. I am glad to read that I am not the only one having problems removing backgrounds in photoshop.

May 11 19 08:50 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

I've been using Topaz Remask 5, and On1 Photo RAW Masking tool within it which is faster than Topaz Remask 5.  Both can leave small hair and fiber halos behind in the final mask though which can take a lot more work to get rid of, imho.

This seems really fast, but don't know how fine of detail it can mask out as it seems there is some residuals in some of their online examples.  The trial download is only 2.9MB which is smaller than the 126MB of Remask 5 so don't know if it is very limited.  But there is the fine-print with it too which seems to indicate it is a one-year subscription model:  The Pro version goes for $59/yr. on their trial sale now, but normally it is $80/yr.

Their sales fine-print has this:
"Request that your Product license, rather than expiring at the end of your subscription, automatically renews for 1 (one) more term, until the Service is terminated by you or by the provider and authorize Upclick (official billing partner of the provider) to charge, at the end of your subscription, the credit card or debit card account provided by you with the then-current renewal amount. This authorization will remain in effect until the Service expires or gets cancelled."

You can opt out of their annual auto-pay if you buy it, but it likely cancels the software authorization per above so it won't work.

May 11 19 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

You have not described the sort of backgrounds you are removing.
Green screen? Other (too many variables to list!)?

May seem an odd question but deleting some backgrounds will obviously be much easier than others.

May 11 19 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Los Angeles Glamour

Los Angeles, California, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

You have not described the sort of backgrounds you are removing.
Green screen? Other (too many variables to list!)?

May seem an odd question but deleting some backgrounds will obviously be much easier than others.

Backgrounds are white, light to medium gray, and rarely a colored textured canvas or muslin.

May 11 19 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Backgrounds are white, light to medium gray, and rarely a colored textured canvas or muslin.

Similar to the ones in your port?
With similar lighting?

Not a critique, just questions.

May 11 19 10:36 am Link