Forums > Critique > Portfolio Update Advice

Model

Lily James

Dallas, Texas, US

Hello! I am trying to get back into modeling after a very long hiatus. My look has changed quite a bit and I am in the process of updating my portfolio.
I only have a few recent professional shots, but I wanted a bit of feedback before continuing since I am so rusty.  I am pretty sure my hair, makeup and expressions need improvement, but not sure quite how. Thank you in advance!

Jun 15 19 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

For starters, if your look has changed greatly over the long hiatus, get rid of all your old images from 2014 and any others pre-hiatus. They're shots of a model photographers no longer have access to.

As for your more recent additions, they're a very mixed bunch. You've got two demure nudes from 2019 that are definite  keepers and one useful outdoor clothed shot that is arguably a keeper (though the eyes are turned away such that a lot of the whites are showing)
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/190615/11/5d05398f5fc8f_m.jpg

The rest are snapshots that should be replaced as soon as you get more professional shoots under your belt.

The two demure nude shots are excellent.

EDIT: I'm assuming that none of the images posted in 2019 are old shots from before the hiatus.

Jun 15 19 10:46 pm Link

Model

Lily James

Dallas, Texas, US

Thank you so much for your input! Since I have such few recent shots I was unsure as to whether or not to keep my old shots up. I should probably just archive them.

Jun 17 19 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Lily James wrote:
Thank you so much for your input! Since I have such few recent shots I was unsure as to whether or not to keep my old shots up. I should probably just archive them.

You might consider setting up a folder in your MM portfolio clearly labeled "2014" or "old work" so you have something to show until you get fresh material up.

Jun 17 19 10:20 am Link