Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > It's HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT . . .

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

.  .  .  outside, all I can think about shooting is a melting model (ala a Daliesque painting  .  .  .  )  .  .  .

https://s3.amazonaws.com/creativity-post/uploads/_articleBody/the_persistence_of_memory_1931_salvador_dali.jpg

.  .  .  I wonder if I can find a muse willing to become a puddle for the sake of art  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 04 19 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

92 degrees?
That's what the National Weather Service site is reporting.

Cry me a river!!!!

Oh wait, I know... "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
Yeah, that's it.

Low 60's here right now. No venomous reptiles. No gigantic pythons or alligators eating women walking their dogs.
No mosquitos.

From the Cental Vally of CA, try 116 sometime! Or the day it was 112 and HUMID, BB King and Jeff Beck were playing at an outdoor stadium. Not a show that can be missed, even at risk of death by overheating.

And, the beers were $7 for paper cup with 12 oz of Bud Light. Ugh.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

Jul 04 19 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

As Ed would ask Johnny, "How hot is it?"

Jul 05 19 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
As Ed would ask Johnny, "How hot is it?"

Must be pretty hot, the Gators are fleeing North. 

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/06/a … month.html

Jul 06 19 03:58 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Why oh why do the hottest days of the year have to coincide with the ripening of a million wild blackberries in my yard?

Not only do I have to fight the thorns and the bees, now I have to sweat through 100 degree heat!

I'm doing it though, because now it's probably a negative calorie event... I lose more weight picking them than eating them.

Jul 06 19 05:50 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Tell me about it, I posed outdoors the other day for a life drawing group and the heat and humidity were nearly unbearable. Fortunately the area we were working in was shady enough that no one was in the direct sun, but still it was way hotter than any of us would have liked. Everyone made sure to stay hydrated.

Jul 06 19 06:38 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Oddly, it's been sort of mild here.  Utility bill came in under $200 which is odd given it usually is $400-$500 due to heat and the need for A/C.

However, these damn earthquakes are getting annoying!   That 7.1 one Friday evening caught me outdoors and  I thought someone (vagrant) was in the garage, but it was the fluorescent lights hanging and swaying over the workbenches and whatever else rattling around.  Got some new patio cracks too (ugh), and the state will probably figure out a way to tax me for them.

Weird amount of earthquakes making up what looks like a line.  State must be sliding north and south a bit.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes … %3Anull%7D

Jul 06 19 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Its so hot here the mice are hunchback.

Jul 06 19 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

DCurtis

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

It's not too hot here - lower 70's to lower 50's. Yeah, I'm in the southern part of Mexico, but the elevation is high.

The post got me thinking - how far would we go to live in the place we want or need (for business opportunities) I would like to live in Mérida for a variety of reasons. But yeah like Florida, it's crazy hot in the summer. Although much cheaper and prettier.

Jul 06 19 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Phil_I

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

It's not hot where I am, but that is to be expected as it is mid winter here in Australia.

Jul 08 19 11:59 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I jest hadta rescue one o' my dawgs, she was "sunning" in the backyard and got mired in the puddle of sweat underneath her  .  .  .  not to worry though, she's on her veranda cooling off in front of her industrial, portable AC unit that my wife "borrowed" from the jobsite  .  .  .  I'll be right back, I think that's her ringing the bell for yet another frozen, virgin margarita  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 09 19 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
.  .  .  I'll be right back, I think that's her ringing the bell for yet another frozen, virgin margarita  .  .  .  wink

SOS

If I come lay on the veranda, will ya bring me one too?

Jul 11 19 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:

If I come lay on the veranda, will ya bring me one too?

Of course Mr. K, Lili says she's more than willing to share  .  .  .  you may havta scratch her ears a bit though  .  .  .  wink  Hope all is well with you!

SOS

Jul 12 19 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

This should help ya cool off...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8UBMyCXFb2J-Xg7kfWKFzYgu30mTEN-OK1ygQrtrL74KTUU7X

Jul 15 19 05:34 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
This should help ya cool off...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8UBMyCXFb2J-Xg7kfWKFzYgu30mTEN-OK1ygQrtrL74KTUU7X

Thanks FL, that looks wonderfully refreshing  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 15 19 07:44 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0086/9256/4053/products/regular_30_1964bec6-914a-4bce-8570-9ee78764cd8e_1024x1024.jpg?v=1560279484

image credit: Teezystore.com

Jul 21 19 04:11 am Link