Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > "What's in your wallet?"

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Oh ,...well.... The commercial was begging for it!!

Jul 30 19 04:05 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

A Pennsylvania drivers licence,  bank card,  rewards cards for every store in the area I do business with and miscellaneous bits of debris.

Don't leave Home without it.

Jul 30 19 06:02 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
A Pennsylvania drivers licence,  bank card,  rewards cards for every store in the area I do business with and miscellaneous bits of debris.

Don't leave Home without it.

As long as you didn't apply for a Capital One card you are fine.....But at this point any one doing any banking on line is a potential target.
All it took was a 33years old very smart woman.....I hate to think what a team of foreign experts can do to our vital needs such as electrical networks natural gas etc.....

Jul 30 19 06:39 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:

As long as you didn't apply for a Capital One card you are fine.....But at this point any one doing any banking on line is a potential target.
All it took was a 33years old very smart woman.....I hate to think what a team of foreign experts can do to our vital needs such as electrical networks natural gas etc.....

Nobody is fine if they use the interwebz.
We can take precautions and become more difficult.
Hackers are seeking low lying fruits, no reason to struggle when so much can be done easily.
50 million Facebook accounts were hacked last September.
I made a fake gmail account and used it to make a fake Fakebook account. I did not give my phone number.
My passwords are on a USB memory stick, not on my computer. For stuff like MM, I have the password saved in the computer's password function thingie. It scrambles it but not "safe". I don't care if they hack MM, nothing to learn about me on here. If I use Paypal I have to plug in the USB thingie and copy and paste (this thwarts the keyboard trackers that might be on our computers). Then I remove the USB. Short time at risk.
I never log on to any internet services on my phone, in fact I've turned off everything Google that is possible to turn off while retaining the ability to make/receive calls/text. Phones are easy to hack. I get zero "robo-calls".
I use a Garmin to travel to unknown places. You pay once (Costco should have them), updates are free, no charges for time spent using them and they have zero information about me, just about my Garmin.
I refuse to give my Social Security number to anybody who asks just because it is "required".
I use a cable to connect to the internet rather than Wi-Fi. It is harder to hack.
So far, so good.

For all that, I do not feel secure.

Jul 30 19 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Michael DBA Expressions

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Don’t have to use the interwebz AT ALL to be at risk. Ever been to a doctor or dentist? Got ANY phone line in your name? Ever apply for a drivers license or a loan? Own a car, motorcycle, or truck, or any real estate? Ever rent an apartment? If yes to any of these, you, my friend, have a presence or the interwebz that can be stolen and used for nefarious purposes.

Jul 30 19 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Michael DBA Expressions

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Double post.

Photographer

Michael DBA Expressions

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

No, triple. Ridiculous!

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Michael DBA Expressions wrote:
Don’t have to use the interwebz AT ALL to be at risk. Ever been to a doctor or dentist? Got ANY phone line in your name? Ever apply for a drivers license or a loan? Own a car, motorcycle, or truck, or any real estate? Ever rent an apartment? If yes to any of these, you, my friend, have a presence or the interwebz that can be stolen and used for nefarious purposes.

All true.

Jul 30 19 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

WA drivers license
Debit card
Credit card
Costco card
VA Medical ID
Card with anti-theft reactivation code for car stereo
National Marrow Donors card
SCUBA certification
REI membership card (with membership# old enough to make REI cashiers say "Wow!" and take it to show other cashiers)
Several business cards from medical contacts
Cash

Jul 30 19 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

lint  sad

Jul 30 19 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

When I use a TM machine to get cash, I only go to a bank! Never, never, any other location.....

Jul 30 19 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

I understand that now the Alquedas, Talibans etc... Tend to prefer homing pigeons for communications!....

Jul 30 19 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Gogar

Göteborg, Västra Götaland, Sweden

A old shopping list and moths!! It has an echo too... big_smile

Jul 31 19 12:10 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Biscuit?!

Jul 31 19 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
I understand that now the Alquedas, Talibans etc... Tend to prefer homing pigeons for communications!....

How do they fit pigeons into their wallets?

Jul 31 19 12:51 am Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

Medical Cannabis & FOID cards.  I don't leave home without them.

Jul 31 19 08:18 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Evidently, EVERYONE  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 31 19 08:24 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Michael DBA Expressions wrote:

Sure, but they all go on line to get any info they need...

Jul 31 19 08:46 am Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Guitar picks.

Jul 31 19 02:13 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Lint.  OK, and business cards, Always business cards. A license or two.

Jul 31 19 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

How do they fit pigeons into their wallets?

Good point!...
I was too busy visualizing the US army using their anti aircraft weapons trying to shoot down pigeons.......

Jul 31 19 07:03 pm Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

I don't has a wallet.  sad

Jul 31 19 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
visualizing the US army using their anti aircraft weapons trying to shoot down pigeons.......

Given that we find it cost-effective to launch a million-dollar missile to kill a $50 camel, it's not too difficult to picture.

Aug 01 19 01:52 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:

Capital One is an incredibly aggressive institution!

I am getting mail from them, literally every day... but today, when I came home... I had THREE pieces of mail, all different in size and style, from Capital One... why are they stalking me like that... I have two credit cards that serve all my purposes, but Capital One, they are spamming me in snail mail, like their money is free and they have a deadline to get rid of it! smile

Aug 06 19 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Phil_I

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

...my wife's hand.

Aug 06 19 09:37 pm Link