Forums > Model Colloquy > I need advice for hosting group photo shoots!

Model

JAHLA

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello,
I am looking to start hosting some group shoots, where the photographers pay to shoot great models and nice locations and studios in Los Angeles. I am looking to shoot fine art nudes and boudoir, but probably some more fashion/editorial shoots as well. I have found these kinds of shoots to be a good tool for networking, and building portfolios for both models and photographers. I am wondering if anyone has any advice or tips? As a photographer, ideally how many models would you like to see at a shoot like this? What factors go into how much you’re willing to pay to attend? What are you expecting to be provided for you?
Models: how many photographers and models do you typically feel comfortable shooting with? What makes the experience good for you?
As a model myself, I have been to several group shoots. A couple of them have been pretty awesome, others have been a bit annoying. I am definitely looking to get other perspectives.
Thank you,
Jahla

Jul 30 19 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

We Serve Your Drives

South Burlington, Vermont, US

go to meetup.com and do a search for photography and L.A.  There are a number of groups that do just that.

Aug 03 19 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

ROUA IMAGES

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Edited original post:  NVM re: duplicate posts across different threads:  Same advice requested here, also:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/976886

Aug 03 19 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

I enjoy the shoots that are two photographers per model, but limited numbers to perhaps six photographers in total. This makes everything easier to control. Clearly, with six photographers you need three models, but a fourth comes in handy to provide rest breaks and time for H/MUA or wardrobe changes. Under the max I proposed, the studio would need three separate lighting set-ups. If you only have one studio set-up, keep the numbers smaller.

Aug 11 19 11:33 pm Link