Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Was Mr. Epstein "suicided".....

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

One might wonder, it would make many powerful people on both sides of DC and other countries sleep much better.
I don't believe we will ever know the truth......

Aug 10 19 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

I am going to leap to the assumption he was guilty of the things he was charged with. No trial, so no "real" proof. But- he was convicted of similar crimes before and I choose to believe he was guilty-

May he roast in hell. The world is better off without him.

That said- I do wish he had been tried. Would possibly have led to some very entertaining facts.

And- I admit when I read of his death, I wondered how a guy who had attempted suicide only a few days earlier- a high profile prisoner- was not on suicide watch.

Indeed- I wondered if they left him a rope with instructions. Then I wondered how much "help" he had accomplishing his suicide.

Then I felt a HUGE gust of wind as the collective sigh of relief from his co-conspirators hit the west coast.

ho-hum. another day in a screwed up world.

Aug 10 19 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

rfordphotos wrote:
And- I admit when I read of his death, I wondered how a guy who had attempted suicide only a few days earlier- a high profile prisoner- was not on suicide watch.

According to several articles I read earlier today, he was on suicide watch... since July 23.

A basic part of suicide watch is taking stuff away that the prisoner can use to hang himself, cut himself, whatever himself. Which is why I doubt he did himself.

Aug 10 19 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

According to several articles I read earlier today, he was on suicide watch... since July 23.

A basic part of suicide watch is taking stuff away that the prisoner can use to hang himself, cut himself, whatever himself. Which is why I doubt he did himself.

I said from the very beginning that he was never going to make it to trial. Either someone was going to help him disappear of he made bail or he was going to be made to disappear.

Too many powerful people involved -- Epstein had help getting off light the first time.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/mega-grou … al/261172/

Aug 10 19 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Phil_I

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Orca Bay Images wrote:

According to the news reports here in Australia he was just taken off suicide watch.

Aug 11 19 12:17 am Link

Photographer

TEB-Art Photo

Carrboro, North Carolina, US

Barr failed to recuse himself from the case. Barr ordered him detained in the federal facility where his life ended. Epstein died the day after info about a lot of important "clients" hit the news -- but not Trump, so far. Not proof, but VERY, VERY suspicious.

Aug 11 19 04:37 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Looks like a Putin kind of procedure..........Is this our new policy to fix potentially embarrassing situation.....And our DA is outrage and want the FBI to investigate...What a joke!!

Aug 11 19 05:04 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

People see this as very fishy, but I think the reality is, from our prison systems to TSA at airports....we just arent as good at things as we think we are. at the end of the day humans are in charge and procedurally, some do things in a shoddy way.  you have workers probably not really giving a shit about their jobs. to a worker at a prison...this probably was just another asshole. and they didnt watch him as well as they should have.

its really only the camera thing that gives me a bit of pause.  but, consider if this was  "a hit".  for the camera...suddenly.. not to work...and the guy to end up dead....we are talking people in operations there that would have had to essentially "stand down" and break procedure, and theres no way that doesnt leave a trail either in memory, and/or on paper.

it would have had to have been done by a visitor,prisoner or a worker.  with all the security at prisons,cameras and areas one has to get clearance to go thru it would involve alot of moving parts and loose ends I just dont see happening

Aug 11 19 05:34 am Link

Photographer

A Thousand Words

Lakeland, Florida, US

With the "alleged" Clinton connection, I'm not surprised. I just figured he shoot himself in the back of the head twice.

Aug 11 19 05:44 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Who stands to lose more by Epstein's testimony, a POTUS who's been out of office for nearly twenty years or a POTUS who's currently occupying the Oval Office?

Aug 11 19 09:41 am Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Barr has voiced outrage at his death - and he has the reputation for following up.

If he does, it will be most entertaining.

We shall see...

Aug 11 19 10:00 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Whoda thunk it would take a child molester to unite America?
It doesn't matter if you're GOP or Dem, Man or Woman, Conservative or Liberal, Profoundly religious or atheist, White, Black, Yellow, or Green,.. they all agree on one thing!

EVERYBODY, yes EVERYBODY believes it's a cover-up!

Aug 11 19 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Someone break it down for me how it occurs. Lets say Trump wants to have him murdered ....walk me thru the steps.  Picks up the phone, makes a call and what?  That person calls the prison warden? How does that person not think it could be a sting?When you think about it, its just way too complicated.

Aug 11 19 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
Someone break it down for me how it occurs. Lets say Trump wants to have him murdered ....walk me thru the steps.  Picks up the phone, makes a call and what?  That person calls the prison warden? How does that person not think it could be a sting?When you think about it, its just way too complicated.

Declare him not to be a danger to himself, just move him to a cell  where he could hang himself and poof!! No testimony!
The Dr.(s) made a mistake...It's human and I doubt that any one is going to sue him/her for malpractice.
It's only a possibility.....

Aug 11 19 01:47 pm Link

Model

Schoetze

New York, New York, US

I don't think this subject warrants any excessive ponderings.

Aug 11 19 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:

Declare him not to be a danger to himself, just move him to a cell  where he could hang himself and poof!! No testimony!
The Dr.(s) made a mistake...It's human and I doubt that any one is going to sue him/her for malpractice.
It's only a possibility.....

well thats fine...BUT...thats not really what people are saying it seems. they are saying he was killed and made to look like a suicide.  taking him off the suicide watch...IF..there really are powerful people who want him dead, is a very lackadaisical way to make sure someone isnt able to testify with things that could destroy any of these powerful people.   he might not kill himself. then what.   I think he just killed himself on his own.

Aug 11 19 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

JFK, Robert Kennedy, MLK... the list goes on.
Saying that people in high places in America can not conceive a plot to get rid of someone is like saying the sky isn't blue.
Come on man, when money and power are in play ANYthing is conceivable. History proves it.

That being said, someone in the WH is well aware of the truth if not part of it.

Aug 11 19 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

California Kevin in LA

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, but if one had the power, all you would have to do is feed him a "hot" dose of any of a number of big pharma medications that have the side effect of "suicidal thoughts or actions," and then just give him his shoe laces back. Next thing you know he hangs himself. Problem solved.

Edit: spelling

Just to be clear, I don't think he was killed.

Aug 11 19 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

at the end of the day, does it really matter if this guy was "done in" by high-profile associations? if so, someone will sniff out the connection, and bury them, too.

i have no sympathy for the likes of this dude. they have been able to get away with all kinds of chicanery and shenanigans, due to their shifty ways and connections.

truth be told, he was dead man walking, anyway. someone would have done him in, once he was sentenced. dudes like him don't mix well with prison populations. they don't even pass the low bar of "honor among thieves".

there's no way remorse had anything to do with this. he was obviously a psychopath, and a serial rapist/paedo.

folks clamoring to find out how this happened are missing the point...the point being; adios, fucker. 

sorry: paedophiles and human  traffickers don't deserve any mercy. even if that means they don't get their day in court.

Aug 11 19 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

TEB-Art Photo

Carrboro, North Carolina, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
..... a very lackadaisical way to make sure someone isnt able to testify with things that could destroy any of these powerful people.   he might not kill himself. then what.   I think he just killed himself on his own.

Perhaps. But how hard would it be to get a couple of super-brawny prison guards (I met such a guard once) to hold him down, put a noose around his neck and lift him? Yes, there could be thumb marks or bruises or what-not on the corpse. But:

1) he was known to have injured himself or was assaulted just a few weeks ago.
2) are we ever going to examine the corpse? I hear they got a shady medical examiner to do the report.

Aug 11 19 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

and unfortunately, in these sad times, everything is a conspiracy. when the leader of the free world frequently relishes in them, it's a sad commentary.

Aug 11 19 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Someone break it down for me how it occurs. Lets say Trump wants to have him murdered ....

I highly doubt that Trump is directly and knowingly involved with this assisted suicide!

This is far reaching, too many high powered interested individuals and organizations that would be very eager in silencing Epstein.

... just after hints of cooperation and names being dropped, what an amazing coincidence and so extremely convenient for many involved parties!!!

Aug 12 19 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I dont think Trump had anything to do with it also...and I’m not sure if its correct but there is an account that Trump kicked the guy out of Mar a lago.
In any case there is also a sense that there is a ...total....breakdown in the public’s confidence they will investigate this on the up and up. On another note for some reason when I see pics of Epstein on tv fast my mind keeps reffering to him as a sinister looking anthony bourdain.  Kinda similar looking

Aug 12 19 02:06 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

I don't see that it matters much that he is dead.He was never going to testify against himself or any of the powerful people he palled around with.

They already have all the documents and pictures from his house that they were going to build the case on.

Sometimes, there really is no conspiracy.

Aug 12 19 07:36 am Link

Photographer

E Thompson Photography

Hyattsville, Maryland, US

GK photo wrote:
at the end of the day, does it really matter if this guy was "done in" by high-profile associations? if so, someone will sniff out the connection, and bury them, too.

i have no sympathy for the likes of this dude. they have been able to get away with all kinds of chicanery and shenanigans, due to their shifty ways and connections.

truth be told, he was dead man walking, anyway. someone would have done him in, once he was sentenced. dudes like him don't mix well with prison populations. they don't even pass the low bar of "honor among thieves".

there's no way remorse had anything to do with this. he was obviously a psychopath, and a serial rapist/paedo.

folks clamoring to find out how this happened are missing the point...the point being; adios, fucker. 

sorry: paedophiles and human  traffickers don't deserve any mercy. even if that means they don't get their day in court.

Epstein had more than enough money to buy protection and privilege in prison, but it would have turned into a bidding war between him and the wealthy persons who wanted him dead.

Aug 12 19 08:04 am Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

It's not uncommon for someone who rapes children to die in prison.

Aug 12 19 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Znude! wrote:
It's not uncommon for someone who rapes children to die in prison.

When put into the general population, yes. Was he in the general population?

It's also extremely unsafe for anyone to oppose Putin or to endanger one of his assets.

Aug 12 19 11:39 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

With all the finger pointing- lets be sure we do allow for the possibility that he off'd himself.

He was a sniveling coward. A serial child molester. A child rapist. A liar and a con man.

He KNEW he was going to get no help from his powerful cronies- he was too hot to touch after bringing down a cabinet secretary and all the baggage around that. His filthy scandal touched people from British Royalty to American Presidents. Too many people with too much money, too much power to be bothered by a nobody like Epstein.

So he takes the opportunity to get the last laugh on "justice".
Or somebody "helps" justice along.
We will never know.

___If___ you believe it was a conspiracy- how would you ever be able to "know" the truth- to "trust" the "facts"?

And there is the destructive power of these conspiracies. Where do they start and end- what is fact and what is fiction?

If I was betting- _____If_____ it was a "conspiracy"..... I would bet the actual conspiracy is the misinformation campaign SINCE his death. Perfect fodder to further divide the people of the country.

Aug 12 19 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Epstein had so many powerful world wide "friends" that he was in the position to black mail so many if, or when needed...
I am not surprise in "committed suicide"
And now they worry about what the FBI has found.....And now if the White House get hold of these infos, it is in the position to blackmail those individuals.....

Aug 12 19 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
And now they worry about what the FBI has found.....And now if the White House get hold of these infos, it is in the position to blackmail those individuals.....

Oh, please. The White House is in no position to blackmail anyone over the Epstein child-sex ring.

Aug 12 19 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Guss W

Clearwater, Florida, US

Everybody likes a conspiracy theory, but I don't see anything abnormal here.  Lesser people facing the same fate have taken the early out.  Having lived high and mighty, a life term in jail must have looked pretty bleak.

Aug 12 19 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

does anyone really know how this dude made dollar one? at best, it was an ill-conceived ponzi scheme. at worst, it was cover for lots of folks to take part in the same debauchery he reveled in, coupled with his ability to keep them all beholden.

again--and regardless--adios, fucker. any general population inmates would have crushed your brains in, if given the chance.

the fuckin' you get, for the fuckin' you got.

him stringing himself up with mcc sheets was probably the most honorable thing he ever did.

at least his victims can have a case in civil court...if they can find any of his cash.

Aug 12 19 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/attorney-gene … ories.html

I don't have an opinion at this point, a bit early to decide what happened since I don't actually know much.

Aug 12 19 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

Oh, please. The White House is in no position to blackmail anyone over the Epstein child-sex ring.

You are right, bad choice of word I should have use "to put pressure on"......

Aug 13 19 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Schoetze wrote:
I don't think this subject warrants any excessive ponderings.

Maybe not ponderings, but it merits a lot of Justice Dept attention: at the very least, there are a lot of young victims who need to be fought for and Epstine enablers who need to be put away before this chapter is closed.

Aug 13 19 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Aug 13 19 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

What we should be asking is why he got 13 months sentence the 1st time he was convicted ?
Why all the special treatment/privileges (He was allowed out of prison 6 days a week) ?

Aug 13 19 04:34 pm Link

Artist/Painter

LeboGraphics

BRONX, New York, US

In addition to Brooklyn Bridge's good question above, here's another:

Why did the questions about the case resurface NOW and not in 2009, when details of his plea bargain were made public?
All of a sudden, in early 2019, the Department of Justice decides to investigate the proceedings of the plea -- 10 years later???

If I were to hazard a guess, I think this might have started up again in order to take down Trump, given that he was once friendly with Epstein. I think that's where the #MeToo movement got its initial momentum - with the thought that it would snowball and implicate Trump as well.

But whether you agree with the above paragraph or not, the timing of the new charges is rather suspect.

Aug 13 19 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

I heard they interviewed one of the guards, Sgt Hans Shultz. He claims he knows nothing, he saw nothing and he heard nothing.

Aug 14 19 05:27 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

The jail time Epstein served in Florida was for state crimes.  When Epstein was arrested in New York, it was for federal crimes and I would think charges for New York state crimes, possibly New Mexico and US Virgin Islands would have come forthwith. 

"... in 2007, he (Epstein) pleaded guilty to two prostitution counts in a Florida court as part of a controversial deal to avoid federal charges."  "U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra of Florida ruled earlier this year (2019) that Epstein's victims should have been consulted under federal law about the deal, and he is now weighing whether to invalidate the non-prosecution agreement, or NPA, that protected Epstein from federal charges." https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/opinions … index.html

The scrutiny of the previous deal didn't start with his arrest.  t couldn't have, if there was a ruling earlier this year.  It takes time for this stuff to go through the court system.

They were possibly looking into Epstein because of actions since his conviction.  The article linked says the photos were found in a safe while executing a search warrant after the arrest of Epstein.  It does not reveal what the probable cause was to arrest Epstein.  https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu … os-856803/

Unless the judge invalidated the NPA (non prosecution agreement) that was part of the guilty plea, any charges that were involved in the 2007 (2008?) plea are off the table.  The justice department had filed briefs supporting that the NPA be upheld.  It may have been a bad deal but the government should be held to the deals it makes.  (Also why Bill Crosby should not be in jail- not because he didn't do it but because there was a NPA, but the fools didn't put it writing.)

NBC wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-cour … n-n1027241
"Epstein's non-prosecution agreement with the U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of Florida includes this paragraph:

"Therefore, on authority of R. Alexander Acosta, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, prosecution in this District for these offenses shall be deferred in favor of prosecution by the State of Florida, provided that Epstein abides by the following conditions and the requirements of this Agreement set forth below."

This paragraph, which is common in such agreements, limits the scope of the agreement to only the Miami area, including Palm Beach.

If Epstein is alleged to have committed illegal acts in other parts of the country, the agreement would no longer protect him."

It is possible that the Epstein case is related to Trump because it is coming from the SDNY and it could have been something that came from the Mueller investigation and was punted to the SDNY because it was outside of the scope of the Mueller investigation.  It is possible it is unrelated.  I haven't seen any information on what prompted this investigation.  However, what appears to have been happening, is that SDNY was going after him for the same crimes that were covered in the Florida deal because of the behavior that was specific to NY.  Why?  No clue.  If there is evidence that any of the women in the photos found in the safe were underage, then child porn charges resulting from his stash were sure to follow.

It is also possible that the case was reinvigorated because of ongoing civil disputes involving one or more of Epseins accusers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl … story.html

The #MeToo movement was not started with hopes of ensnaring Trump.  The first instance of it was a decade before.  It took off because of Weinstein.  But it was Trump who set the stage for it.  The anger over Trump's Access Hollywood tapes and his treatment of the people who were accusing him (Dismissing them as liars; talking about how ugly they are; more recently saying she isn't my type as proof he didn't commit a rape; lying about not knowing anything about the payments to his paramours) set the stage for the movement to explode when Weinstein was accused and Alyssa Milano went public.  MeToo wasn't about ensnaring Trump.  Most of his dirt, that has come out, was already out.

Though some people may want to see Trump ensnared, or Clinton, or a host of other people, I doubt that Einstein was investigated "to get" a peripheral target.  It will ensnare who it ensnares.  There will be as much speculation about the investigators hiding evidence to let someone skate, as there will be about improper conduct regarding any one they prosecute and the opinions and theories will be directly related to the political and ideological positions of the people that ferment the conspiracy theories.

Aug 14 19 05:54 am Link