Forums > Photography Talk > New To Photography

Model

Lost Pizza Slice

Gloucester City, New Jersey, US

Hello, I'm new to photography and I have a Nikkon D5600 is there a way to take pictures wirelessly, I can't  figure it out.

Aug 22 19 03:47 am Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

Some cameras have wifi built in and might work with an app for your phone. You can use a wireless remote trigger. Some are very cheap. You can use something like Cam Ranger and shoot from a device like your phone or a tablet / iPad. With Cam Ranger you can view through the camera via live view and see what the lens sees which is helpful. You can also set the camera to fire a few seconds after you push the trigger or to fire a series of shots.

Aug 22 19 04:04 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Do you intend to take pictures of yourself? If so. you the self timer or you can buy a little gadget that you point at the camera.
some are infra red, probably some Blue tooth connection etc,, but if you are posing you have to discreetly hold them!!
Off course in any case the camera has to be on a tripod

Aug 22 19 04:09 am Link

Photographer

ROUA IMAGES

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hi.

* (Wireless - Physical Hardware Component Attachments) - WR-T10/WR-R10 wireless transmitter/receiver.
WR-R10 *receiver attaches to camera's accessory port.
WR-T10 *transmitter - remote control - sends signal to WR-R10.

* (Wireless - Smart Device used as remote control - paired with camera's wireless setup features in camera menu) - *SnapBridge - NIKON really pushes SnapBridge as the solution.

(Wired Cable Release)
MC-DC2

There may be 3rd party alternatives that work as well (such as Cam Ranger mentioned above) but it seems NIKON removed the infrared sensor for the D5600 that made using the common infrared wireless cable release possible.  ("Go, NIKON!")

*********** CAMERA MENU SETTINGS AND SELECTION ************
Depending on which you choose, you should see these options in the menu.

Menu / Settings / Remote * (Choose which)
Menu / Settings / Connect to Smart Device

Aug 22 19 06:59 am Link

Photographer

E Thompson Photography

Hyattsville, Maryland, US

Here's link to Nikon accessories that will operate your particular camera. There are others out there. Check B&H Photo's and Adorama's websites for less expensive alternatives.

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Produ … 1575:D5600

Here's another...https://www.adorama.com/fpcrrc2.html

Aug 22 19 09:27 am Link

Retoucher

Selena Jain

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Follow this referral link below where you will find a note on page 11 is what I referred to about the wifi functionality of Nikon D5600

http://download.nikonimglib.com/arch...v20_(En)02.pdf

Sep 05 19 03:12 am Link

Photographer

Voy

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Nikon has an app that allows you to shoot from your phone. Only problem is that the app sucks.

Sep 05 19 12:18 pm Link