Forums > General Industry > How do you know if an FR has been rejected?

Photographer

Camera Buff

Maryborough, Queensland, Australia

I have sent a small number Add Friends that once sent then show as Pending. I know that if I 'unfriend' a person my Add Friend button goes back to showing as Pending and I can't resend that person another friend request.

I've also been informed by an MM Moderator that it's not possible to reset/cancel an Add Friend Request that is showing as Pending.

What happens to a Pending Add Friend request that is actually rejected/denied (and is not simply being ignored) by a recipient?

Do you get any notification, or once the recipient rejects your Add Friend request does their Add Friend button simply continue to show as Pending?

Aug 26 19 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

Camera Buff wrote:
I have sent a small number Add Friends that once sent then show as Pending. I know that if I 'unfriend' a person my Add Friend button goes back to showing as Pending and I can't resend that person another friend request.

I've also been informed by an MM Moderator that it's not possible to reset/cancel an Add Friend Request that is showing as Pending.

What happens to a Pending Add Friend request that is actually rejected/denied (and is not simply being ignored) by a recipient?

Do you get any notification, or once the recipient rejects your Add Friend request does their Add Friend button simply continue to show as Pending?

Here's what little I know. If someone Friends you and you reject, they can then re-friend you again and the cycle can keep going.
If you just leave it as pending and do nothing, that person will be/stay pending to you and can not re-friend you again until you reject them.
John

Aug 26 19 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Camera Buff

Thanks John.

To see what happens and to test this theory I would like to send an Ad Friend to a volunteer and ask them not  to accept but reject my friend request. Then I'll be able to let those who visit this thread and who are interested, know what, if anything, happens to my Pending notice.

Aug 26 19 10:33 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Camera Buff wrote:
Thanks John.

To see what happens and to test this theory I would like to send an Ad Friend to a volunteer and ask them not  to accept but reject my friend request. Then I'll be able to let those who visit this thread and who are interested, know what, if anything, happens to my Pending notice.

Feel free to send me that request, and I'll deny it.

Aug 27 19 05:57 am Link

Photographer

Camera Buff

MatureModelMM wrote:
Feel free to send me that request, and I'll deny it.

I've clicked on your Add Friend button and nothing happens. I've logged out and logged back in and tried again ... but nothing happens.

Aug 27 19 06:18 am Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

Camera Buff wrote:
Thanks John.

Sorry Buff, didn't see this and thought you were adding me. I'll un-Friend and you can try again!!! LoL
THEN see what happens after I've un-friended you!!! LoL
John

Aug 27 19 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Camera Buff

John Silva Photography wrote:
Sorry Buff, didn't see this and thought you were adding me. I'll un-Friend and you can try again!!! LoL
THEN see what happens after I've un-friended you!!! LoL
John

Now that you've unfriended me the Add Friend button on your page has changed from saying Friends to Pending, so it is not possible for me to send you another Add Friend request.

I appreciate your help! It's possibly the same result when another member doesn't accept an Add Friend request from the get-go.

I guess an Add Friend Sender will never really know if their pending friend request has been seen, is deliberately being ignored, or has in fact been rejected.

Aug 27 19 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

There seems to be a problem here.

I just accepted a Friends Request, but they do not appear in my list of Friends. Not sure if this means there's a bigger coding problem than two smaller problems. Something ain't right.

Aug 28 19 06:44 pm Link