Forums > Photography Talk > We Didn't Start The Fire Yet Claim To Be Creators

Model

LolitaPan

Adamsville, Alabama, US

Aug 28 19 04:23 am Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

So much misinformation about the fires. Most people seem to be swayed by the headlines like 'the lungs of the earth are burning' (not true, the Amazon isn't the lungs of the earth) and "the Amazon is burning at record rates" (again, wrong, overall the Amazon rain forest is NOT burning at anywhere close to record rates. In fact it's only slightly above the 10 year average).

Good luck with your project.

Aug 28 19 11:01 am Link

Model

LolitaPan

Adamsville, Alabama, US

Aug 28 19 12:27 pm Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

I'm a licensed drone pilot.  Problem is if you are thinking of getting a drone in the air during an active fire, and maybe even a few months afterwards, it could be a big issue as they may be using sundry aerial equipment themselves.  Drones, at least in the USA, are banned for miles from the area duing active wildfires.

Some countries also have stiff regulations on foreign drone pilots and licensing as well.  Commercial permits do not come cheap either.

Aug 28 19 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Vision Images by Jake

Stockton, California, US

LolitaPan wrote:
While I agree with you on the importance of fact checking (a concept that seems to have expired) and the misinformation (aided by those who refuse to research) merely the fact that it's burning is enough for us to react. There are several world events that are equally tragic but this one was a little extra heartache because it felt that there was finally a spiritual awakening in this world - a positive one that I hope we can hold onto much longer.

Thank you :-)

This is so very well said, you could not have said it any better!  The fact that it is "Burning" is a deep deep concerned and it will be a effect globally, whether it is small, medium or large will remain to be seen... At what cost will it take, for the world to wake up,  I agree with what you are saying, it is indeed a wake up call!

Aug 28 19 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Collins

Orlando, Florida, US

Not even close to "Photography Talk."

Aug 28 19 06:44 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

y'all think personal art projects are gonna make a dent in capitalism and corrupt governments?

interesting.

Aug 28 19 10:41 pm Link

Model

LolitaPan

Adamsville, Alabama, US

Aug 29 19 12:51 am Link