Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Please Critique my recent work.

Photographer

Jamison Boyer

Fremont, California, US

Hello All,

Recently got back on MM after a two year hiatus. I've uploaded some selected images for three recent shoots (April, Jessica, Meriden), and would appreciate any constructive feedback!

Sep 12 19 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

BMA PHOTO

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Hi,

Some cute images, some noisy backgrounds. A pro photographer will never shoot models with bras and you have a few wearing them so I'd get away from that asap. Just impossible to have a pro image when you are changing the models figure, seeing distractions, braking up body lines, removing, sideboob, lots of wrinkles like yours totally ruining the asian gal in the purple shade sweater and it removes natural curves. Just never done. Same with personal logos. It's an impact killer. Eyes will go to a logo first, script being the worst. See a logo on your own copy fine. On a models copy and it's like throwing paint on an image. Just not done by any pro on a models copy. You never saw Elvis, Marilyn, Frank Sinatra or anyone who had made it with the photographers logo. It total ruins all images and it says the model is a nobody. An image needs to draw in all at once. Eyes will go to the logo and then hands. You tend to have lots of hands and that's never good. Model photography is about shooting the models features, skin tones, personality, energy and few to no distractions(logos wrinkles, dark harsh shadows). You shoot a ton of hands, and arms to elbows. No good. You need to shoot model features and pay more attention to the models garments. Lots of wrinkles and real bad unprofessional creases.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/45745707

I do like your personalization with the asian gals adn they enjoy working with that is a huge plus for mood, but stay away from noisy backgrounds. And work on a method for a nice white balance for accurate skin tones. Too many are way off.
All simple corrections.

have fun!

Sep 13 19 02:50 pm Link