Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > RIP Eddie Money

Photographer

Mike Collins

Orlando, Florida, US

Eddie Money passed away.  He was 70. 

I had the pleasure of doing a meet and greet with Eddie about 4-5 years ago at a corporate event.  He was very gracious and funny.  He also put on a great show.  I still listen to his hits when I need something to sing along to and make me feel younger again. 

You will be missed Eddie.  Thanks for the great music!

Sep 13 19 07:55 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I saw him perform in my town a few years ago.
I have the photos somewhere.

Sep 13 19 08:53 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

One of the best live performers I've ever witnessed.

Sep 13 19 11:10 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

RIP Eddie.

Thanks for the tunes, so woven into my youth.

Sep 13 19 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

This hits close to home, literally.
As a teen growing up in Berkeley in the 70's I remember seeing him a lot around town. Certain family members of mine who were also in the Bay Area music scene would be in that circle of musicians and managements so Eddie was always providing the funniest stories to tell on a regular basis.
He was one of the good guys with that quick and adoring NYC wit and a big heart. always upbeat and a good amount of energy. So down to earth and approachable, never at a loss for words too.

The last show I saw of his was at the community theatre which is also my high school auditorium, three weeks before my HS graduation (1980). I worked that show so I could basically see the concert for free. The band also featured the Tower of Power horns. Jimmy Lyon was amazing and Eddie was on point, he loved playing for his adopted hometown community.

A part of my teen age life died with him but memories will live in my heart. R.I.P. Money Man... and condolences to his lovely family.

Sep 16 19 03:28 pm Link