Forums > Photography Talk > Photographer Crashes Your Shoot, What Do You Do?

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I had a six model shoot going once and another local photographer and his wife came up and started handing out his business cards to the models awaiting thier turn in rotation.  He didn't even look at me much less say anything to me.  I walked up to him and asked who he was.  He answered and told me to mind my own business.  No problem.  One quick call to the local police.  Showed them I had a permit for shooting there that day and told the cops he was harrasing the ladies.  Turns out he was wanted on stalking charges.  Bye bye in cuffs.  All the models, their boyfriends and husbands and I waved goodbye as he was taken away

Feb 08 20 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Charlie Schmidt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

At what point do you tell him to vamoose? When he first shows up? When he starts chatting with your crew? When he steps onto the set? When he literally crashes your shoot down around you?

When he steps onto the set!!!

Mar 05 20 11:54 am Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, in my OMP days, this happened to me. Just curious how others would have handled it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was running a four-model/two-MUAH bridal shoot at a public park one evening when another photographer -- popular young guy with a fairly good reputation in the area -- is shooting on the other side of the park. He decides to come over to visit a couple of our models. He goes from chatting with the idle models to the one on set. And while I'm making changes with the camera, he walks onto the set to talk up close with the model. Not a death penalty case as long as he gets off the set the nanosecond I'm ready to resume. But he's not looking where he's stepping and he snags the synch cable, jerking a lightstand over and the camera clean out of my hands. The model caught the lightstand and I caught the camera by the strap just inches before it hit the concrete. And he tries to free his foot by simply kicking it around, jerking on the camera even more. Once free, he stands on the synch cable and continues chatting with the model.

He then talks one of the idle models into going over to his shoot.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say it's your shoot. What do you?

KICKED HIS ASS!

Mar 14 20 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

TLVPhoto

Apex, North Carolina, US

Remind him that there are several hundred acres in the park, you have a tarp and shovels in the car and you are not afraid to use them.

Seriously other then get in his way, ask him to leave, explain how un-profressional he is being, Ask the models questions as he tries to talk them, basically be a much bigger ass then he is being. Bump into while you are shooting because he is in your way and you did not see him. Take photos of him, camera in his face.

I was doing a beach shoot when some guys walked by and started making comments about the model. After a couple seconds, I told them she was only sixteen and they took off.

Mar 25 20 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Deep Visions

Oceanside, California, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
Say it's your shoot. What do you?

"GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE" is what I woulda said to him

Mar 25 20 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

TerrysPhotocountry wrote:
KICKED HIS ASS!

And end your shoot by getting arrested for assault and battery? Right.

Mar 25 20 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

Stand near him and start coughing......

Mar 26 20 05:22 pm Link

Admin

Model Mayhem Edu

Los Angeles, California, US

Apr 06 20 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Bluestill Photography

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

Garry k wrote:
I would have told him to fuck off

I think maybe you have a reputation for saying such things. The lad was only being curious. I hope I never stroll up on one of your sets :-/

May 05 20 01:24 am Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I would just make a BTS video, even sacrificing the equipment in favor of 1,000,000 views (or more, in the long run) for the bitching photographers, on my BTS youtube channel. It's how I can become, finally, famous - not by my photography, but by this lucky incident! everyone and her dog gonna remember my sufferings and my name forever.  this particular video could potentially leave a mark in history of the industry and set an example by reference! it could be listed in national encyclopedia! just the royalties can potentially feed me and my family. Gosh, I could even invite some actor to reproduce the same evil guy's behavior on the shoot, or even exaggerate a little more, for me! Charlie Chaplin could be proud.

just kidding

May 29 20 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

I would not have said anything.
I would have taken my 1Dx and started swing it over my head, quick and fast, hammer-throw style and smacked him in the face with it, maybe a few times!!!
I've always wanted to do that and have wondered which would break first?!?!
You think he would get my drift??? LoL
John

Jun 11 20 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Bluestill Photography wrote:

I think maybe you have a reputation for saying such things. The lad was only being curious. I hope I never stroll up on one of your sets :-/

There was absolutely NOTHING "curious" about this douchenozzle. He is a self-absorbed, narcissistic jerk who was crashing a wedding shoot so he could rack up some tik tok likes. Notice he didn't just do this obnoxious deed, he had someone filming it so this was planned and deliberate on his part. I truly hope karma catches up to this idiot some day.

And the fact that people actually defend this behavior is equally reprehensible.

Jun 13 20 02:12 pm Link