Photographer

r4u

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Feb 05 20 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

If you are looking for critiques on the one image, here we go!

I like the concept, the lighting and the framing of the model.  The shoes make no sense to me but that is a personal decision.  The only other part I would clean up is the door latch/handle on the right in the middle of the frame.  It would look much cleaner with that removed.  Eyes are drawn to shapes and forms, but are highly susceptible and drawn to pieces that seem out of place, it is out of place.

Overall I like it a lot.

Apr 02 20 11:31 am Link

Photographer

MOSpix Michael

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Hi r4u,

This is a lovely image, well done.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for keeping the doorframe on the left (foreground) vertical.

I also like the model's shadow, it is soft and implies a slim physique.

I'd like to see a little bit more of the model's left eye, perhaps raise the chin and move her gaze a little bit more towards you.  It might also reduce the glare on the tip of her nose.

It is a compelling image, the pose is unusual.  Her toes are in the same plane and pointing almost directly at me.  It exudes confidence to be sure but is in stark contrast to the soft curves and relaxed joints above the model's hips.

I like it a lot and would have voted for it if it was in one of the POTD competitions during the week.

Best of luck, M.

Apr 08 20 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Aiken, South Carolina, US

You're doing "bright-dark".  It makes me think of chiaroscuro.  The photo doesn't really give the effect very well.
It's like you did something backwards. Levels will help. Crush the blacks.  Move the white point.  Move the gamma point.  Increase saturation in the shadows quite a bit.  Then the "exposure control"  actually helps a lot at this point.
I can play with it and get a chiaroscuro effect fairly easily.  It's much more evident when you get rid of the bright periphery.

Apr 22 20 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Noah Russell

Seattle, Washington, US

My only complaint is that her hand/arm are blocking the light on her face. You could fix that in 2 seconds with an adjustment brush in lightroom.

Cheers,
Noah

Nov 19 20 09:51 pm Link