Forums > Newbie Forum > Having problems downloading updates to "Adobe CC"

Photographer

Lyfe Time Images

Woodbridge, Virginia, US

I have a iMac and it running on OS Catalina. I keep getting a message that I have updates from adobe to download. But when I go to down load them. I get a message that states, that there is a " Conflict updating Photoshop. Can some one help me

Apr 15 20 12:42 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

Apr 15 20 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

PHP-Photography wrote:
Do you have latest Adobe CC app ?

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/glo … rrors.html

^^ This ^^

And - the latest version of Catalina is 10.15.4. Click on the Apple menu in the upper left, first item in the drop down is About This Mac. If you have an earlier version, update to the latest.

Then try again.

Apr 15 20 08:57 am Link

Photographer

kensexton1

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Adobe Updates Everything The Day After You Pay The Bill. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DUPLICATES OF ALL YOUR PRESETS & #TAGS.  They've Been Really Weird The Last Couple of Months.

May 26 20 07:05 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

I wil note that when I updated to Catalina a couple of months ago, one of the softwares that became obselete because it was 32 bit was the Adobe Updater thingie.

My copies of Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere 2018 run fine but the Updater died and went to Hell.

Yay Adobe...

May 26 20 09:39 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Yay Adobe...

Yay Apple.
They don't care about backward compability.

May 26 20 10:13 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

PHP-Photography wrote:

Yay Apple.
They don't care about backward compability.

I recently went from High Sierra to Catalina. I had all sorts of software, some of it older.
I got a long list of software using Go64, it showed all sorts of software with 32 bit sectors. I did a full backup on a pair of initialized discs so I would have a path back to where I was or an option to simply boot off a backup drive and use something if I needed to. So far, no need.

Everything works except the Adobe Updater, ended up the Relocated Items folder.
Painter 2016 showed 32 bit sectors but it works fine, those sectors were for ancient versions from many years back and did not affect function. Many smaller and less prosperous companies than Adobe provided free updates to their software so I could continue to use it with no additional cost.

A not very popular and 4 year old software from Corel works fine and one of Adobe's most important marketing links from 2 years ago becomes useless? Fuck Adobe.

May 26 20 02:33 pm Link