Photographer

glamourglenn

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

"I shoot nudes, I just don't want to shoot them with YOU!"

Oct 09 21 11:17 am Link

Photographer

John Jebbia

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Just an FYI, the Photographer in the OP was killed in a car accident back in January 2021.

Oct 10 21 09:39 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

If there seems to be ambiguity between their stated limits and their portfolio, I will generally ask an open question, such as "Please tell me about your comfort level".

Assuming that I am willing to change my concepts in order to shoot with this model, their response usually gives me enough information to plan what I am going to shoot with her.  IF she becomes more comfortable with me as the shoot progresses and she lets me know this, the scope of the shoot can expand accordingly.  Otherwise, i  will stick to whatever we had discussed prior to the shoot.

Jan 07 22 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

All Yours Photography wrote:
If there seems to be ambiguity between their stated limits and their portfolio, I will generally ask an open question, such as "Please tell me about your comfort level".

It's useless to ask a third person why someone does what they do.

Ask the model in question for clarification but don't attempt to get into a deep analysis of her motives.

Jan 08 22 06:40 am Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

I figure it's "If I'm willing to shoot nudes with you I'll tell you. If you have to ask, the answer is 'No.'"

Also, if a model isn't willing to shoot nudes with you, it's silly ("unprofessional") to be jealous of the photographers she is willing to shoot nude with.

Jan 08 22 09:03 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn 2

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I have three nude modeling jobs booked this week, two photo, one art drawing class.

I don't have a "full fontal nude" in my portfolio right now because it is a new MM portfolio, but that has not stopped me from booking jobs.

As for shooting nudes or not shooting nudes, it all depends on the POTENTIAL client/photographer...
Just because I work with one person does not mean I will work with another, every single job is different, every single person is different. generally the more professional & easy a person is to work with, the more likely I will book with them.

If someone needs 45 messages back & forth & refuses to answer basic shoot/set/location questions, then I'll let them know that they need to find someone else to work with.

I'm here to create art, not talk endlessly about creating art.

Jan 14 22 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Jay West

Chico, California, US

Maybe so they don't get bombarded with photographers interested in one thing - nudes - or so they can meet the photographer first and see how  they like working with them? As for why they say nudes but don't post any is they feel like it isn't their best work. But yeah, it's helpful to know how a model's body looks before the second shoot, if it ever happens. Especially if they're being paid for the first shoot. IMO it's best just to put yourself out there a little bit if you're adventurous enough to pose for nudes, we need to know and don't want to be disappointed. Seriously. We don't want to be thinking that you should have kept your clothes on and/or posing as a poser with the kind of body to rock it. Any woman (or man) should have at least some angle at which they look good without clothing. If you don't have a suitable shot like that then you shouldn't pretend that you're something you're not. Bottom line.

Jan 20 22 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Laveen Photo wrote:
Models who do not shoot nudes but post nude photos

Also, some models say that they shoot nudes but do not post any nude photos.

It makes no sense for me to ask anyone other than THAT MODEL why she does what she does.

Jan 21 22 08:21 am Link