Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Retouching hairy men

Photographer

MillerStudioPhotography

Fort Worth, Texas, US

I'm starting to run into an issue.  Trying to make some of my male clients happy to the point where they'll let me post their photos, I have some guys who are overweight, or the light shows all their "imperfections."   So I'm pretty adept at smothing things out on hairless guys, but if they have a hairy torso, how do you keep or recreate that specific look and texture?

Aug 07 20 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Ruan Heinse Photography

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

If you are not using this technique yet, try frequency separation. If you are using it, play around with different blur settings that will give you the best results. Other than that, take your time and don't rush. If it is possible, I would even cut out some clean spots to place and blend over the spots you need to clean. Just watch out for repeats.

Aug 08 20 01:02 am Link

Photographer

MillerStudioPhotography

Fort Worth, Texas, US

Ruan Heinse Photography wrote:
If you are not using this technique yet, try frequency separation. If you are using it, play around with different blur settings that will give you the best results. Other than that, take your time and don't rush. If it is possible, I would even cut out some clean spots to place and blend over the spots you need to clean. Just watch out for repeats.

Thanks!  I'll give that a shot!

Aug 20 20 10:46 am Link