Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

With all the issues in the U.S. this year; corona virus, unemployment, BLM protests, riots, hurricanes, wild fires, ongoing trade war with China, etc, my stock retirement account is flourishing.  Amazing.

Sep 14 20 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Sep 14 20 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Sep 15 20 03:17 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

rxz wrote:
With all the issues in the U.S. this year; corona virus, unemployment, BLM protests, riots, hurricanes, wild fires, ongoing trade war with China, etc, my stock retirement account is flourishing.  Amazing.

Me too!!   when this thing hit and I was seeing the scope of it on the economy I would get my Merrill lynch statements...and I wouldn't even open them for fear of what I would read! I just assumed I took a huge hit. well fast forward to last month I decided that I couidnt bury my head in the sand anymore.

I opened to find....somehow...I MADE money instead of taking any hit. how is this possible??!

Sep 15 20 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

rxz wrote:

The historic drop in the DOW will have been also a historic buying opportunity. as the long range trend is ever upward. But there is a correction coming. A BIG correction. The DOW veers from exuberance to depression. The current rebound is fueled by the sector that benefits from people in fear of leaving their house - Big Tech. People aren't going to movies, they are streaming. People aren't going to restaurants or grocery stores, they order online for delivery. People aren't meeting with friends and coworkers, they are Zooming. One day the DOW will come face to face with the economic devastation caused by a fundamentally mismanaged deadly pandemic, and that will be a bad day on Wall Street indeed.

Sep 15 20 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

Focuspuller wrote:

The historic drop in the DOW will have been also a historic buying opportunity. as the long range trend is ever upward. But there is a correction coming. A BIG correction. The DOW veers from exuberance to depression. The current rebound is fueled by the sector that benefits from people in fear of leaving their house - Big Tech. People aren't going to movies, they are streaming. People aren't going to restaurants or grocery stores, they order online for delivery. People aren't meeting with friends and coworkers, they are Zooming. One day the DOW will come face to face with the economic devastation caused by a fundamentally mismanaged deadly pandemic, and that will be a bad day on Wall Street indeed.

I totally agree.  I made some adjustments in my investment strategy in January and then decided to ride it out.  It's not going as I expected.  For the 2008 financial crisis I started planning for it in 2005.  I was well ahead by 2010.  No time to plan this time.

Sep 15 20 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Really happy with my investments in USLVF and various Biotechs over the past 4 months

Sep 15 20 10:07 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

When the cannabis industry began in Canada I added some to my port. .  Made some good money.  Then it opened up in the US.  Lost some good Money!  Port is down.  Though I just took on blockchin and an AI stock.  Fingures crossed but not retiring any time soon.  If you all would care to share some suggestions!!!

Oct 07 20 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I was thinking about investing in this new food kitchen automation system "MISO robotics" that has been tested out and used at places like white castle. it can prepare food without a human needed. I think its just a matter of time where robots fully take over the preparing of food at fast food joints

Oct 07 20 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

rick lesser wrote:
If you all would care to share some suggestions!!!

A lot is going to depend on the amount risk you are willing to take.
First suggestion would be the good old "buy the dip".
Second suggestion, never take stock advice from random people on the interweb. smile
Good luck!

Oct 07 20 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Beyond Meat  -  BYND

Quidel Corp  -  QDEL

Carriage Services Inc.  -  CSV

Tesla  -  TSLA

Oct 09 20 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

I am going to add a small Canadian Hi Tech Company that I have fallen in love with over the past few months

EXRO

Could become a Global Gamechanger with respect to Electric Motors

I think its tradinig on the Over the Counter Exchange in your Country right now

but i am anticipating a move to the Nasdaq

Oct 09 20 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Garry k wrote:
I am going to add a small Canadian Hi Tech Company that I have fallen in love with over the past few months

EXRO

Could become a Global Gamechanger with respect to Electric Motors

I think its tradinig on the Over the Counter Exchange in your Country right now

but i am anticipating a move to the Nasdaq

well - if you had taken this suggestion you would be up 50 percent ( in 5 days )

but who knows what tomorrow will bring

Oct 14 20 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

C.C. Holdings

Los Angeles, California, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
Me too!!   when this thing hit and I was seeing the scope of it on the economy I would get my Merrill lynch statements...and I wouldn't even open them for fear of what I would read! I just assumed I took a huge hit. well fast forward to last month I decided that I couidnt bury my head in the sand anymore.

I opened to find....somehow...I MADE money instead of taking any hit. how is this possible??!

so for bankers this was a perfect storm. there have been some predilections playing out over the last 5-10 years that were simply accelerated that would result in a pretty crazy stock market pump (and pretty much in every thing you can buy)

when Congress and the President got scared when the pandemic hit, don't think the stimulus law they passed (CARES Act) was written overnight. These things are always full of pet projects that some of us have written years in advance. In this case, unlocking the Federal Reserve was one of those things.

So yeah sure the unemployment checks and business paycheck programs made the headlines, but the rules for the Federal Reserve are much much larger programs. Just more nuanced topics and won't be interesting in the news.

Federal Reserve gets to buy things with money that didn't exist before. They did. To the tune of trillions of dollars. This time, Congress asked them to by modifying the law that otherwise limits the Federal Reserve. The Fed for the most part still doesn't officially buy stocks, but the recipients of Federal Reserve purchases do buy stocks.

so yeah, lots of new money in the markets and people bought stocks.

same situated played out with the European Central Bank and with the Bank of England etc. They coordinate, one thing that has been learned over the last 20 years (with the final piece being the Euro existing in 1999 - 2002) is that you can actually avoid hyperinflation if all the major currency unions are hyperinflating. tada! magic, long time coming. free money, for some.

Oct 14 20 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

C.C. Holdings  wrote:
Federal Reserve gets to buy things with money that didn't exist before. They did. To the tune of trillions of dollars. This time, Congress asked them to by modifying the law that otherwise limits the Federal Reserve. The Fed for the most part still doesn't officially buy stocks, but the recipients of Federal Reserve purchases do buy stocks.

What does your inner John Maynard Keynes say about the copious amount of fiat money
that has been printed?

No economic rebound in sight with a high probability of much more
fiat money to be printed.

At what point does it become catastrophic?

Anyone hedging against hyperinflation?

Nov 05 20 02:44 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

nwprophoto wrote:

A lot is going to depend on the amount risk you are willing to take.
First suggestion would be the good old "buy the dip".
Second suggestion, never take stock advice from random people on the interweb. smile
Good luck!

Taking advice from strangers here for some reason doesn't seem as scary!  I mean a lot of us have been on here since the beginning. Kinda make us kin...  Besides, what else have I go to do but some good old fashion ressearch!

Nov 05 20 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

am I the only one who still hasnt gotten their income tax check back?  grant it...the coronavirus hit....and also I didnt do direct deposit...but still in a scant couple months we will be doing it for this years, and the way things are going, the check for last year will be coming with the check for this year. 

I just got something in the mail where the IRS said that in 60 days they will let me know whats going on.

so that means in another 60 days I STILL wont be getting my money. just an explanation of why I haven't gotten my money.
which by the way I waaay over pay my federal and state to force myself to save a little extra and roughly get back 15,000 each year. maybe they are having an office party with it.

Nov 06 20 02:33 pm Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
am I the only one who still hasnt gotten their income tax check back?  grant it...the coronavirus hit....and also I didnt do direct deposit...but still in a scant couple months we will be doing it for this years, and the way things are going, the check for last year will be coming with the check for this year. 

I just got something in the mail where the IRS said that in 60 days they will let me know whats going on.

so that means in another 60 days I STILL wont be getting my money. just an explanation of why I haven't gotten my money.
which by the way I waaay over pay my federal and state to force myself to save a little extra and roughly get back 15,000 each year. maybe they are having an office party with it.

You give the government a $15,000 interest free loan each year?...and you still have not received your $15,000 back from 2019 yet?  Can I borrow some money, I'll pay it back on time, I promise.  LOL

Nov 06 20 05:06 pm Link