Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Eddie Van Halen, Dies at 65

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Rest in Peace Eddie- and thanks so much for the music you left us.

Eddie Van Halen, Virtuoso of the Rock Guitar, Dies at 65
Oct. 6, 2020
----  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/arts … e=Homepage

Eddie Van Halen, the immensely influential guitarist whose band, Van Halen, was one of the most popular rock acts of all time, died on Tuesday. He was 65.

Mr. Van Halen’s son, Wolfgang, said in a statement that his father had “lost his long and arduous battle with cancer.”
[...]

Oct 06 20 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

That’s some rock bad that God is assembling this year.  Who do you think will be tapped to join Eddie and Neal Peart?

Oct 06 20 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

haha! Joe, despite this being sad news, I like the positivity in that mental image. smile

Oct 06 20 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Paolo D Photography wrote:
haha! Joe, despite this being sad news, I like the positivity in that mental image. smile

I often think of the incredible jams that  these guys are rockin... Prince and Jimi and SRV doing a guitar battle... Neil and Ginger and John Bonham trying to out drum each other....

Now with Eddie up there- a whole new school of guitar shredders....

LOL and Bill Graham trying to organize a show......

Oct 06 20 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

sad

Oct 07 20 04:21 am Link

Photographer

Angel House Portraits

Orlando, Florida, US

From a report I read they said he was suffering from throat cancer. I remember him best for his performance on the music video "Jump" my sister loved it and I got into it too. We were kids back then.  It was around 1983 or 1984. Life goes so fast.

Oct 07 20 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

theres a scene in the Panama video where in a bathroom this girl lifts her leg up and alex van halen is singing underneath it. those legs belonged to the girlfriend of an old friend of mine. she won a contest and being in the video was the prize.

Oct 07 20 08:15 pm Link