Forums > Events > Meet/preview of studio, OC Socal

Photographer

CaliModels

Los Angeles, California, US

*See end for Summary*

(Another opportunity...Nov 22-Sunday)
This Fri which is Oct 16. Looking at a studio in N Orange Co. Plus, will take test pictures. There's several backdrops available. 1 photographer may join. There's currently 2 going. You should have a least a basic portfolio. Place is very large, 2000+ sqft, use off camera flash or available light. We want to be careful and will space ourselves and wear masks. (Must wear a mask.)

-You Ask Why, Ok. Planning a small group shoot, possibly in Nov. Maybe 3 photographers and 3 models. Female models 16-25. Planned format TF with a small amount of pay.
-Why Meet? Great time to introduce yourself, and get a feel of the place. Look and take test photos.
-How Much? $15 total. That goes to studio. It's a special price with me, and can't be guaranteed on your own. So, on your own $25.
-Time? 2:30P for 1 hour.

Planned group shoots will Not happen often, especially now. The pandemic has changed a few things in our lives, but also gives us a chance to start over. We're going with new people and some new places. Some past places will be used when they reopen. We hope to find people that want to work with others and network.

Oct 15 20 02:04 am Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Major PS (for 10/16), need to be in by Thur nite.
- We did it.

Update 11/16;
- 2nd Chance on 11/22, to preview and be ready for Dec. More photos in thread.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/201119/01/5fb63796ce422_m.jpg

Costs 11/22; Sunday
$15 per photographer, for 1 hr rental. Requires $10 by paypal, $5 cash.Limit 2 photographers
- IF there's a Model, price adjusted to $29 per photographer $14 by paypal, $15 cash. Limit 2 photographers
- There's currently a very good model for 25 minutes, At 2:45P. She's do 2 looks, fash, casual
- Please provide model 2 edited photos for her time, also for your own promotion
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/201119/21/5fb750db0fa68_m.jpg

Plan 11/22;
- Check In about 2:20P-2:25P, get temperature checked
- Only IF studio is open, you'll be directed where to put things, otherwise wait in front
- Window light area open this day. Dec maybe not
- Popular areas open

Oct 15 20 02:05 am Link

Photographer

ClassicLight Photo

Covina, California, US

I'm looking for a studio to rent, where is this, also would be interested in your desert location. email me at [email protected]

Oct 18 20 10:44 am Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Preview done on Fri (1st one). Very nice place and we want to include some new people. There may be another chance, since this was posted within a couple days. But, it's highly recommended you try and do a preview. Discounted only with us. A brief history, we have experience with group shoots, but they will Not happen often. MM was nice enough to re-approve this port, as w/o getting into details, they made changes several years ago.

Oct 19 20 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Just an update; with 2 holidays in Nov, we're going to wait til Dec. But, there's another Possible opp, explained at bottom. Right now, still looking for 1-2 more photographers for some leeway. 4 photographers fine. Models 2-3 total. Based upon past knowledge, you need more photographers than models. Plus, many photographers are rusty, which is one reason for the preview.

It would be nice if photographers were also on facebook, so we can share likes and credits. There's some models here that will likely do this, if promised photos and credits. All it takes is 3-4 photographers to make it happen.

Secondly. We have Private Outdoor locations in desert areas. So, if the stars align, it's possible. We prefer a home open, for bathroom and studio photos. It's easy now to setup off camera flash. Of course we want somewhat warm weather. Our first 2 shoots there in Jan '11, sunny 70+. With some in Dec, during later years. Right now, 3 max photographers per smaller homes.

Nov 11 20 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

63fotos

Flagstaff, Arizona, US

I am interested. My latest work is @63fotos

Nov 12 20 08:14 am Link

Photographer

B Natural Photography

Hi,
Yes, I would like to be a photographer on your future photoshoots.
What is the name of the Facebook page, so I can join.
You can view my portfolio on: bnaturalphotography.com

Thanks

Nov 12 20 10:50 am Link

Photographer

CaliModels

For photographers that posted, it's good to not only be on MM, but to have ig and fb. That's a good start. There's no shoot page at this time, but personal pages. One plus with fb is it's blog style like mm. We can write something. @photobykurt

*Another Preview Upcoming*
A personal shoot was done with a very good model interested for Dec. So, 11/22 was booked for the preview.

Nov 14 20 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

New Preview set for Nov 22 Sunday. The personal shoot was done and new reservation made. Either 230P or 330P, for 1 hour. Upto 2 photographers. A group shoot in Dec, (same place) will be limited to 4 photographers. Some location photos shortly. Studio has 2 rooms. There's 20+ backdrops, which people can see and take photos, but obviously for a group shoot, not all will be used. Some popular backdrops; chain box, record wall and meditation room, there's also flower walls, tea table, living room, and more.

It's a studio, so Start to Finish, and charge per person-per hour. Which is one reason for the preview, so you're familiar with it. Also, one of the few that rent 1hr. So, the initial group shoot will be under 2hrs. There's already a model interested.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/201119/01/5fb63796ce422.jpg
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/201119/01/5fb637aea9bb6.jpg

Nov 16 20 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

**Latest Updates. 2 photographer spots open. We prefer those on mm and fb, for Crediting. Ig also good.

We currently also have a Model, she worked with me the other day, and did a great job. She's also very interested for Dec, and modeling on Nov 22, for 25 minutes. Please also give her 2 edited photos, for her time and handle model releases directly afterwards. Plan is 2 looks, and can use window light for 1 area, If both photographers agree. Otherwise, the Dec shoot may bar that area. Please have respect if contacting her.

...Don't forget, the main reason for the Preview is to meet, see it and take test photos,,,So, you're ready for Dec. So, this is a huge Bonus.  See 2nd Post for Costs. We're paying studio costs per person/per hour.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/201119/21/5fb750db0fa68.jpg

Nov 19 20 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Maybe 1 spot, this also gets you a discounted rate for Dec, plus you'll know what to do, and you'll meet 1 of the models. See 2nd post in thread.
-Revision-
Last chance to join is Saturday. It's on Sunday and we need to be there on time. Knowing many photogs haven't done anything in a while, this is a great start. I'm willing to give up my spot for another photog. Ok to post, but direct message.

Nov 20 20 02:32 pm Link

Model

AlyssaVibes

Looking forward to meeting those who join the workshop! Darling Mushrooms is such a unique studio, it's going to be a blast! Xoxo

Nov 21 20 10:21 am Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Preview done as planned. However, the studio is closed per the State shutdown. So, we're postponed until next year. There won't be too many of these; but photographers will be Team A, and Team B. There's room for 1 more in A. This team will have priority. We're looking for a frontline person. You don't need to be a great photographer; but someone trustworthy, reliable and wants to work with others. Plus; has an online portfolio. That's why MM is supposed to be a good source, and someone needs to prove me right.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/201211/00/5fd327fa2d1d6_m.jpg

Dec 09 20 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

ClassicLight Photo

Covina, California, US

Would like to work with you at your OC studio, please email me at [email protected]

Dec 30 20 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Nice of you to add a post. We did 2 previews and the planned shoot was postponed, per the studio was forced to close. Otherwise, the shoot would have been done. You may have been contacted last year.

Jan 06 21 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Jaysen R Lee

Anaheim, California, US

For as long as I can remember, you have always been active on MM.  I don't even know your name, but I think it's kinda cool you try to bring people together and network.  Let me know, I'd like to get to meet you!

Jan 17 21 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Thanks for the chime. Anything new is pending per the current situation. The safety of others is always a priority. We missed a great opportunity last Nov or Dec, but we'll be patient. Nearly all, if not all people that had events, were deactivated. That's why you don't see them.  But, mm was nice enough to allow me back, with some restrictions. I'll continue personal projects at some point, and we'll see what happens.

Jan 22 21 01:50 am Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Summary to Date

Oct 15, 2020 - Found new studio, offered a studio Preview / test photos on Oct 16
Oct 16, 2020 - Preview Done

Nov 2020 - Worked with model at studio
Nov 16, 2020- Offered 2nd studio Preview on Nov 22, plus with model
Nov 22, 2020 - Preview and Shoot Done
Nov 22, 2020 - Group Shoot planned for Dec, however studio closed per State Shutdown

Dec 9, 2020 - Studio still closed, decision to postpone 'til 2021

Jan 22, 2021 - Studio still closed, State Shutdown still in effect
Feb 10, 2021 - Studio Closed. Looking at alternatives with Spring ahead

Feb 19 21 02:08 am Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Looking at Apr, there may be a new post

Mar 15 21 03:01 am Link