Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What a great loss for the cartoonists,

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

the comedians and SNL and all, the orange funny looking man will be gone. The next administration will not be as inspiring....

Nov 15 20 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
the comedians and SNL and all, the orange funny looking man will be gone. The next administration will not be as inspiring....

Oh, I dont know----

One of the things I have enjoyed most about politics over the years are the MANY talented artists who specialize in political "satire" or political "cartoons". Some of them, over the years have been masterful in capturing the political moods of the times.

As easy a target as Trump and his silly comb-over have been, I am sure the tradition will continue-- Biden wont be "spared" LOL

And I wouldnt have it any other way.

but I will miss these:

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/11/13/opinion/sunday/13Goldberg/13Goldberg-superJumbo.jpg

---   Credit...Zohar Lazar

Nov 15 20 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Since have been living in New York City..1967...I am trying to think of a president as good as the one we have!!
Please help!

Nov 15 20 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:

Not with the absolute gaffe machine Biden is. but I suspect ...they.... as in all areas of the media and entertainment, will handle it with kid gloves and essentially photoshop Bidens clear failing mental faculties not unlike they have been scrubbing social media sites from what they cannot stomach to see.  SNL if they do anything, will soft soap his issues and create an overly Mr Rogers type character and play off that.

Nov 15 20 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a real fan of Spitting Image's Biden character (BBC America / you'll find lots on YouTube).  I suspect that it's the model for how cartoonists and comedians will lampoon him going forward...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTaeslXQbw
Skip to 3:03 to 4:18 for Part 1 of the sketch
and to 10:51 to 12:02 for Part 2
and finally, to 16:40 to 18:05 for the finale.

There's no way, like every other President before him, that he's NOT going to be lampooned...  wink

Nov 15 20 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:

Not with the absolute gaffe machine Biden is. but I suspect ...they.... as in all areas of the media and entertainment, will handle it with kid gloves and essentially photoshop Bidens clear failing mental faculties not unlike they have been scrubbing social media sites from what they cannot stomach to see.  SNL if they do anything, will soft soap his issues and create an overly Mr Rogers type character and play off that.

What a load of...

You apparently havent got a clue about SNL. They dont give a rats ass if a president is republican or democrat---- if they can get a good laugh.

Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd started SNL's tradition regarding the presidents in 1975-76...They "did" Presidents Ford and Carter.

Dana Carvey had Bush41 down pat----Darrell Hammond was the best "Clinton" on TV...Will Ferrel had Bush43 pretty well covered, and Dick Chaney made satire tooooo easy for a multitude of actors.

Obama wasnt easy- they tried several actors, none "got him right". Obama didnt have the verbal gaffes most presidents did, he had fewer "personal idiosyncrasies" that impersonators could latch onto... SNL did find Hillary to be good food for their show during the Obama admin.

But to even dream they will cut Biden any slack is the silliest thing I have heard.

Get over it Tony- The WHOLE world isnt just one big conspiracy to put down Little Donnie. He --was-- the idiot in charge, soon he wont be. That is how SNL sees him. And they will move on to Biden, because Trump will be yesterday's news.

Nov 15 20 04:52 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:

You don't seem to have any problem glossing over trump's failing mental facilities and he is starting from a much lower rung on the ladder.  You have no trouble glossing over trump's lack of ethics and morality.  You have no trouble ignoring trump's crimes and corruption, from before he was in office and after.  At least the center right people that supported trump knew he is a slime ball.

Why are you so consistently a hypocrite?

On topic: trump isn't going to disappear from the cartoons because he isn't going to disappear from public view. He wasn't presidential in office, he isn't going to be presidential out of office.   We will have the rest of his life, and his kids lives, to make fun of their craziness.

Nov 15 20 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

On a another note it is kinda weird to see what a difficult time the recent hosts have been having as of late on SNL.  the BRILLIANT humor of comedians Bill Burr and Dave Chapelle met with nervous light smattering of half hearted giggles from a stunted and scared woke audience as if searching inward to ask their own conscious if they can laugh at a certain joke.
THAT....was actually funny to watch.  Jim Carrey's Pence.....not so much. glad to see the audience agreed.

Nov 15 20 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

JustHenry

Greenville, South Carolina, US

I'm old enough to remember when SNL was funny.

Nov 16 20 04:05 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Where's Mort Sahl when we need him  .  .  .  good lord I'm ooooollllllldddddd  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 16 20 08:22 am Link

Photographer

Boudoir Studio

Santa Clarita, California, US

sospix wrote:
Where's Mort Sahl when we need him  .  .  .  good lord I'm ooooollllllldddddd  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Liberals feel unworthy of their possessions. Conservatives feel they deserve everything they've stolen.

A conservative is someone who believes in reform. But not now.

Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference.

Nov 16 20 02:55 pm Link