Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Happy Thursday (not very thankful)

Photographer

A Thousand Words

Lakeland, Florida, US

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I find it hard to feel thankful. I lost my son to addiction and suicide last year a week before Thanksgiving. Also, tomorrow would have been his 34th birthday so this is a very hard holiday for me to celebrate. No turkey. No trimmings. Meatball sandwich for lunch and early to bed is the order of the day.

Sorry to be a downer. I just needed to vent.

Nov 26 20 02:07 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

A Thousand Words  wrote:

I find it hard to feel thankful. I lost my son to addiction and suicide last year a week before Thanksgiving. Also, tomorrow would have been his 34th birthday so this is a very hard holiday for me to celebrate. No turkey. No trimmings. Meatball sandwich for lunch and early to bed is the order of the day.

Sorry for your loss.

Nov 26 20 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

A Thousand Words  wrote:

I'm very sorry for everything you've had to go through.   I hope that it gets a little easier as time goes by.  Again, my condolences.

Nov 26 20 03:20 pm Link