Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > "Land back movement"

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Ever heard of it? Fox news pointed it out...Not in a very flattering way...But I never heard of it from other sources.
They don't believe in celebrating "Thanksgiving day"!! How un-American!!

Nov 29 20 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Who is this "THEY" that you are referring to ??

Nov 29 20 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
Who is this "THEY" that you are referring to ??

The land back movement... Unless it is only a "he" 'or a "she".

Nov 29 20 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

matt-h2

Oakland, California, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
They don't believe in celebrating "Thanksgiving day"!! How un-American!!

For Indians/Native Americans/First Peoples it was the beginning of a disaster.

Dec 04 20 04:53 pm Link

Artist/Painter

jmillerpainter

Buffalo, New York, US

Thanksgiving is the most boring, brown/muddy holiday ever. My question is, why did they eat turkey instead of prime rib? Instead of a great cut of beef we get a high carb, dull meat meal. Thanksgiving is lame, there needs to be some serious thought into reworking the meal.

Dec 04 20 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

JustHenry

Greenville, South Carolina, US

jmillerpainter wrote:
Thanksgiving is the most boring, brown/muddy holiday ever. My question is, why did they eat turkey instead of prime rib? Instead of a great cut of beef we get a high carb, dull meat meal. Thanksgiving is lame, there needs to be some serious thought into reworking the meal.

This year I had fish tacos for lunch and seared scallops for dinner.  In years past I've leaned toward prime rib or beef tenderloin.  As far as I'm aware there is no national dictate that one must eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

Dec 05 20 05:42 am Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

jmillerpainter wrote:

In keeping with the regional theme starting with the Pilgrims, I had Maine lobster for Thanksgiving.  I don't eat turkey (or chicken) and rarely have grass fed beef.  Never corn fed beef.

Dec 05 20 08:24 am Link