Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Captcha problem

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I've been trying to login to my PayPal account for over an hour. Captcha keeps sending me round and round. I called PayPal and the only suggestion was to try another computer. That did work.

Example: there are pictures of three buses. I click on the first bus and Captcha marks it with a check mark. I click on the second bus and the first check mark disappears. Is this how Captcha works?

Also, the pictures are so tiny that I can't read them without a magnifying glass.

Edit: I googled "paypal and captcha". Other people are having the same problem.

Paypal Captcha in endless loop - PayPal Community
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Mer … p/2160969#

I recall that MM used to have Captcha but no longer does. I guess that there were too many problems?

Dec 08 20 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

well the way it always works for me is they will give me say 10 squares...and the instructions will be something like click on the squares with say, people riding bikes

there will be multiple picture squares some with bike riders within and other squares without any bike riders.

it all depends on you being able to check multiple squares with the bike riders in them and the checks stay on multiple squares because being able to check multiple squares is pretty much the deal.

however, if you choose even one wrong, its cancels the whole thing and you have to do it again.
I know you said you tried another computer but did you try another browser, like maybe chrome, and then say internet explorer or edge? anyways I went to the link you showed but I didnt see much there.

maybe you can post pics of an example CAPTCHA.

Dec 08 20 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Mark Salo wrote:

Are You using a VPN or tried clearing Your cache?

Dec 09 20 03:52 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
I know you said you tried another computer

Yes, the other computer logged in without the Captcha challenge.

did you try another browser, like maybe chrome, and then say internet explorer or edge?

Why should I have to make an inferior web site work for me? That sounds like MM.

anyways I went to the link you showed but I didnt see much there.

Only that others are having the identical problem with PayPal.

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Are You using a VPN or tried clearing Your cache?

No and no.

Thanks, guys, for your help.

Edit: If I have this problem again, I will clear the cache.

Dec 09 20 11:06 am Link

Artist/Painter

jmillerpainter

Buffalo, New York, US

Mark Salo wrote:
Why should I have to make an inferior web site work for me? That sounds like MM.

Captcha was acquired by Google, Chrome should work.If you are using script blockers you'll have to allow the google ones.

Edit: It really seems like they are crowdsourcing AI for self driving cars via captcha, but I could just be a nut

Dec 09 20 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Modelphilia

Hilo, Hawaii, US

I've been having big problems using Captcha lately too, so maybe it has to do with its takeover by Google.

For the past couple of weeks it comes up every time I try to reply to a Craigslist ad, Their group of images-to-identify uses such tiny images that it is often very difficult to discern wth they are at all. It's annoying as hell! I guess my real complaint should be directed to CL though.

It could also perhaps have something to do with the privacy settings I use in Firefox. I'll see if changing them eliminates the Captcha challenge.

Dec 10 20 11:52 pm Link

Artist/Painter

jmillerpainter

Buffalo, New York, US

Modelphilia wrote:
It could also perhaps have something to do with the privacy settings I use in Firefox. I'll see if changing them eliminates the Captcha challenge.

I use firefox mostly and it seems it can restrict or mess with captchas (probably a good thing). I usually hop into chrome if I have issues.

Dec 11 20 02:08 pm Link