Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
Too bad...so sad....cry me a river.  you can wave the flag and sing I'm a yankee doodle dandy.. but the US are the continual victims...[...]

Interesting world view Tony. Well, disgusting actually.

It isnt the attackers--Russia, China, North Korea or Iran that are the problem.

It is the victims. USA, UK, France, Germany, South Korea, Israel etc etc.

They have a name for that---"victim blaming" and we have all seen you do it over and over.

Biden probably wont be able to "end" cyber attacks. But I am 100% confident he will not lie and excuse the guilty perpetrators (Russia) because he got caught in some Moscow honey trap.

Trump did nothing about the bounties on American troops and his other countless actions and statements for the past four years have made it clear that Putin has free reign over him.

Tony your "hero " works more for a global despot than he does the people of the USA. His actions speak FAR louder than your words.

Dec 20 20 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

I tend to believe that we know as much about the Russians, Chinese's, and a few other countries as they know about us....
Sadly, I have reach an age where I don't believe in much coming from the governments, lot of the media since it is a business.
And bad news sales better...Trump is God's gift to the media and comedians...

Dec 21 20 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

Bob Helm Photography wrote:

Ah a history denier. What major US newspaper one a Pulitzer for  a fake news series  on Russia back in  '32? John Houseman, first VOA director was a communist sympathizer that the State Dept warned FDR about in43 and too pro Soviet to be trusted and was denied permission from State (FDR's State Dept) to leave the country during the war. Soviet espionage in the US goes back to the 1920's and they relied on folks sho thought they were just reformers and they even had a name of officials that cooperated with them  UI's as in Useful Idiots. During the War all the allied nations had Nazis sympathizers at the highest levels of government. In the US the one thing they both had in common was they belonged to the same party that also supported Marxist philosophy .

Ah YES, that old communist sympathiser John Houseman. Such a dedicated Marxist he ended his long career of subversion in television commercials for Smith Barney & Co.

Oh, and Walter Duranty's Pulitzer Prize stories in the NYT whitewashing Stalin's Soviet Union? Ended up debunked by...the New York Times. https://www.nytco.com/company/prizes-aw … r-duranty/

" During the War all the allied nations had Nazis sympathizers at the highest levels of government. In the US the one thing they both had in common was they belonged to the same party that also supported Marxist philosophy ."

And  I wonder what "party" supported Marxism AND Nazism. I'm sure Charles Lindbergh, Father Coughlin, and the 20,000 Nazis who rallied in Madison Square Garden in 11939 weren't Democrats.

Dec 21 20 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

rfordphotos wrote:
Interesting world view Tony. Well, disgusting actually.

It isnt the attackers--Russia, China, North Korea or Iran that are the problem.

It is the victims. USA, UK, France, Germany, South Korea, Israel etc etc.

They have a name for that---"victim blaming" and we have all seen you do it over and over.

Biden probably wont be able to "end" cyber attacks. But I am 100% confident he will not lie and excuse the guilty perpetrators (Russia) because he got caught in some Moscow honey trap.

Trump did nothing about the bounties on American troops and his other countless actions and statements for the past four years have made it clear that Putin has free reign over him.

Tony your "hero " works more for a global despot than he does the people of the USA. His actions speak FAR louder than your words.

Trump is yesterdays news.    that aside, the US is far outside its depth when it comes to all things regarding getting hacked.
the sooner we realize there is a problem and stop thinking we can sanction our way out of every problem the better.

I TOTALLY suspect if we ever got into a war with say China,or both Russian and China they would have the balls to strike first using Cyberwarefare and all our vital war making systems would be shut down. deaf dumb and blind on the battlefield before a shot was fired.  because they are essentially battle testing their military prowess by going on the offensive every...single..year, and we are on the defensive and sometimes dont even know we were hacked till months later..

Dec 21 20 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Trump is yesterdays news.    that aside, the US is far outside its depth when it comes to all things regarding getting hacked.
the sooner we realize there is a problem and stop thinking we can sanction our way out of every problem the better.

I TOTALLY suspect if we ever got into a war with say China,or both Russian and China they would have the balls to strike first using Cyberwarefare and all our vital war making systems would be shut down. deaf dumb and blind on the battlefield before a shot was fired.  because they are essentially battle testing their military prowess by going on the offensive every...single..year, and we are on the defensive and sometimes dont even know we were hacked till months later..

Sadly Tony---Trump is still today's news. The idiot is still in charge. He is STILL putting America at risk kissing Putin's ass.

As for the rest of the drivel above---- where do you get your "intelligence" briefings?

You are the guy who believes Sidney Powell when she says a dead Venezuelan dictator programmed voting machines to change the result----

So where are you getting your "intelligence" briefings?

Dec 21 20 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

rfordphotos wrote:
Sadly Tony---Trump is still today's news. The idiot is still in charge. He is STILL putting America at risk kissing Putin's ass.

As for the rest of the drivel above---- where do you get your "intelligence" briefings?

You are the guy who believes Sidney Powell when she says a dead Venezuelan dictator programmed voting machines to change the result----

So where are you getting your "intelligence" briefings?

This is what preppers and doomsday scenarists do all day when they aren't in the woods in their camo gear, baying at the moon like real "alpha dawgs, bro'": fantasizing about the day when they will be the only ones to survive and repel the coming enemy invasion, you know, because they're "smart". Like Fredo. And they get to use their guns, the point of it all. THEN they'll show us. THEY WILL SHOW US ALL, DAMMIT. BOO-RAH!

Best part: "I TOTALLY suspect ..."   ðŸ˜‚😂😂
'
Next best part: "Trump is yesterdays news." Guess MAGAT world is where Loyalty goes to die.

Dec 21 20 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

Focuspuller wrote:
This is what preppers and doomsday scenarists do all day when they aren't in the woods in their camo gear, baying at the moon like real "alpha dawgs, bro'": fantasizing about the day when they will be the only ones to survive and repel the coming enemy invasion, you know, because they're "smart". Like Fredo. And they get to use their guns, the point of it all. THEN they'll show us. THEY WILL SHOW US ALL, DAMMIT. BOO-RAH!

On the other hand sounds like they are motivated, self sufficient and not dependent
on a taxpayer funded nanny state.

Wonder how many millionaires "smart. Like Fredo" have bunkers, safe rooms and supplies?
Guessing it is a lot.

Dec 21 20 09:47 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

nwprophoto wrote:
On the other hand sounds like they are motivated, self sufficient and not dependent
on a taxpayer funded nanny state.

Wonder how many millionaires "smart. Like Fredo" have bunkers, safe rooms and supplies?
Guessing it is a lot.

Seems like you think it is an either or situation.

Is a millionaire a millionaire without having been able to exploit the workforce somewhere along the line?

Does being self sufficient require militarism?

Being self sufficient is a myth.  We have never been self sufficient.  For thousands of years we have depended on community.  Even the mountain men of yore depended on trading.

Do the militarized self sufficient people mine their own ore, smelt it, machine their own AR-15?  Did they build their own machines to machine the gun?

Wasn't the AR-15 developed with taxpayer money?  Much like so many things we enjoy today that came out of military and NASA research?  Did they get their canned goods via the interstate highway system?  Do they can their own food?  If so, did they make their own Ball jars, lids and rings?  Pots?

Are they hunting and farming their own land or are they skirting their portion of the responsibility of the citizens to fund our freedom?  Are they actively or ready to co-opt our federal land and wildlife resources to feed their families?  How are they growing the wide variety of food required to keep a person well nurished in areas with poor soils, steep slopes and growing seasons that are too short, too arid, too wet, too warm, or too cold for so many food crops?  They are using a horse to plow?  A plow they hewed out of local wood?  Did they forge their own axes and knives to make the farm equipment?  They killed their own animals and tanned the hides to make the harnesses for the mule?

Are the women heading down to the stream to scrub clothes on a rock and to bathe?

Are they using fuel that was derived from federal mineral leases?  Or fuel that was delivered by pipelines that were built because of federal laws giving pipeline companies the right to condemn land?  Or was it delivered by ship into ports were the US Army Corps of Engineers spends hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to deepen and maintain shipping channels and navigational markers?  (Funny how the Delaware River never was dredged that far north until there was a steel mill at Fairless Hills.)

Do they know where they are because they can use GPS that was put in place by taxpayer money?

They made all their own medical supplies?  Built their looms and wove their cloth?

Are they able to live in their cloister because of legions of soldiers over centuries that gave their lives to build this country and to rob the original inhabitants of their land, resources and life styles in the process of genocide?

Their self sufficient future has been built on the hard work of generations of people and government handouts.  Without the continuation of people in concentrated areas creating the goods they need, the next generation of "self sufficient" people won't be able to prepare for the apocalypse.  Were the mass of people concentrated into urban areas released into the country to prepare for their own "self sufficient" lives, there would suddenly be no place able to support the people, much less having the nanny state conveniences such as canned food, smokeless gun powder or durable goods.

Dec 22 20 05:27 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Please, tell me: In which National Forest do the "self sufficient" loggers that are harvesting the people's timber, build their own roads, responsibly provide clean up, stabilization and mitigation and planting the new trees, which they then nurture for the next 50 to 200 years until another harvest is ready, without the help or involvement of the taxpayer funded US Forest Service?   Why isn't it the timber companies that are fighting wildfires which preserve the supply of timber and clean water and benefit all of as by cleaning the air?

trump is opening wilderness area in the Tongass to logging, which employs a minute fraction of the number of the people who make their livelihoods from the recreational opportunities and the fisheries the Tongass provides.   The Forest Service will have to build their roads and the timber sales are guaranteed a profit even if it comes from the taxpayers, costing us billions over the years.  If there isn't enough demand for the material in the Tongas to pay for the construction of the infrastructure required to move it, and sufficient demand to sell the material at a profit after all the costs, then who is the beneficiary of the nanny state?  Sure seems like it is the "self sufficient" logger.

How are those mid-western grain farmers getting their product to market other than by truck (on the interstate highway system and due to fuel tax benefits for local roads and state roads); by barge (down the Mississippi which has dams and locks, berms and channels galore, all paid for by tax dollars); or train (which was benefitted by generous land grants in exchange for their services- land which they later sold to individuals)?

How are the Bundy family self sufficient when they are paying below market rents on BLM land, then adding heads without compensating the government, and thus overgrazing the land and damaging our resources?  How many millions of acres are now part of the National Forests and Parks because people depleted the land and abandoned it, including by over grazing?

Eric Rudolph planned for years to survive in the forest.   He planted food caches and supplies.  Is that being self sufficient?  It sure isn't living off the land.  Then he got caught, without resistance, while foraging in a restaurant dumpster.  Makes it sound like self sufficiency is real easy.  He is enjoying the easy life of prison now- free grub and shelter.

The North Pond Hermit lived in the woods of Maine for decades, no small feat, but not without "borrowing" a few items from nearby vacation homes.

"Self sufficiency" is a myth unless you consider life in squalor and poverty, depended on theft, self sufficient.

Dec 22 20 06:10 am Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
Seems like you think it is an either or situation.

Does being self sufficient require militarism?

Being self sufficient is a myth.  We have never been self sufficient.  For thousands of years we have depended on community.  Even the mountain men of yore depended on trading.

While not an expert by any means I am familiar with behavioral science, bell curves and multi-variant analysis.
That should answer your question on my views of human behavior.

What purpose does prepping serve? To buy time?

At my age when the apocalypse comes it will be my time to go nihilistic. I would much prefer to be at ground zero.

Dec 22 20 06:52 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

nwprophoto wrote:

While not an expert by any means I am familiar with behavioral science, bell curves and multi-variant analysis.
That should answer your question on my views of human behavior.

What purpose does prepping serve? To buy time?

At my age when the apocalypse comes it will be my time to go nihilistic. I would much prefer to be at ground zero.

If bell curves are your view on human behaviors, then why do you make judgmental and cynical statements like "On the other hand sounds like they are motivated, self sufficient and not dependent
on a taxpayer funded nanny state." 

Prepping may buy time but is stocking stores of food what we are talking about?  Is it practical for all people?  There are space and financial considerations.  When our ability to be all we can be is hampered by where and to whom we were born and being reason enough to deny some the opportunity to achieve a modicum of self reliance?  Bell curves are a good indication that we don't have all of the same abilities?  For some people, prepping is getting a meal on the table that day.  Going to bed with something in the stomach is buying time.

Certainly the image that comes up in these times when you are talking about being self sufficient is the militarized body of survivalist groups, not the hardworking farmer in the wilderness.   Prepping is also saving money in federally insured institutions, the stock market or under the mattress so that there is something when needed.  None of that makes anyone anymore self sufficient when the market crashes or there is a run on the stores and the toilet paper is gone for months. 

People do what the economy directs and the economy is directed by the government.  We have to be derided as wards of the nanny state by a bunch of assholes because we participated in the economy, which benefited those people unable to see their dependence on other people, be they near, far or wide?

Dec 22 20 07:10 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

I just read only the title.
Are we trying to get images back? Taken down?! 😊

Dec 22 20 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

nwprophoto wrote:
Guessing it is a lot.

TOO FUNNY. Any idiot can be a millionaire. How? Easy. First, get yourself a million dollars, then...

-Classic Steve Martin joke.

"No trick to making a lot of money if all you want ...... is make a lot of money."

Bernstein to Reporter,"Citizen Kane."

Dec 22 20 10:48 am Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
then why do you make judgmental and cynical statements like "On the other hand sounds like they are motivated, self sufficient and not dependent

It was admittedly a maladroit reply.

Oppressed vs. the oppressor, no desire to go down that road.

Wealth redistribution, good luck on that one. Cobra Effect.

Dec 22 20 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
If bell curves are your view on human behaviors, then why do you make judgmental and cynical statements like "On the other hand sounds like they are motivated, self sufficient and not dependent
on a taxpayer funded nanny state."

AND let's not get too carried away with sanctifying the bell curve as a universal descriptor of human behavior. Garbage in, garbage out still applies. The Laffer Curve, for exaample.

Dec 22 20 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

nwprophoto wrote:
Wealth redistribution, good luck on that one. Cobra Effect.

Wealth REdistribution is not the issue. Equitable DIStribution is the objective, or should be. But of course the accumulated sequestration of wealth already achieved, and the political power that accretes to massive wealth, will make any rebalancing  highly unlikely.

Dec 22 20 12:56 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

I rarely, if ever before, find something trump and right wing extremist Marc A. Thiessen has to say as valid, but even this obtuse right wing nut thinks trump needs to come out of hiding and engage the Russians for this last attack.  He also disagrees with Tony's assessment that sanctions and responses do no good.  He certainly disagrees with Tony's assessment that the best thing to do is nothing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions … berattack/

Dec 22 20 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Focuspuller wrote:

Best part: "I TOTALLY suspect ..."   ðŸ˜‚😂😂
'
Next best part: "Trump is yesterdays news." Guess MAGAT world is where Loyalty goes to die.

Hey I trust the US military prowess....if we are talking accidentally blowing up afgan wedding parties and killing small time tin pot despots in some war torn shitholes...our military is your guy. 

other than that....China and Russia would wipe the floor with us in the tech battlefield. how do I know that....because we keep hearing in the news continually about us being hacked by them. military systems...election systems...data banks...they do it all. and our heads spin in frustration

as far as your other points, I have no idea what you are talking about...although for a little while I did doomsday prep some toilet paper. I'm a yankee doodle dandee!

Dec 22 20 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Hey I trust the US military prowess....if we are talking accidentally blowing up afgan wedding parties and killing small time tin pot despots in some war torn shitholes...our military is your guy. 

other than that....China and Russia would wipe the floor with us in the tech battlefield. how do I know that....because we keep hearing in the news continually about us being hacked by them. military systems...election systems...data banks...they do it all. and our heads spin in frustration

as far as your other points, I have no idea what you are talking about...although for a little while I did doomsday prep some toilet paper. I'm a yankee doodle dandee!

"Hey I trust the US military prowess..."

Sorry, not about that at ALL. BUT, your faith in the Chinese and Russian military superiority is based on WHAT?

"...how do I know that...because we keep hearing in the news continually about us being hacked by them. military systems...election systems...data banks...they do it all. and our heads spin in frustration "

So NOW we believe the lamestream fakenews media, do we? Man you MAGATs really ARE lost without hourly guidance from @realLameduck. Too bad he's locked in consultation with his Mad Hatter Tea Party elite legal strike force Zebra. Keep checking the WH chimney. White smoke means martial law. Black smoke means they are burning thumbdrives - RUN FOR YOIR LIVES! 😂

Dec 22 20 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Oh please. Trump is SOOOO 2019. I'm all about the Biden now.  call me team Biden.

in anycase the perfect example and analogy of our military tech capabilities is that incident with Iran in 2011. our newest state of the art drone at that time.... the U.S. RQ-170  ...stealth.... drone..I say that ironically.....was flying over Iran. and the iranians...hacked it mid flight...landed it....reverse engineered it.... and now have their own variant. we are totally outclassed by our enemies. they would shut down all our systems first day of any war.

thats us. Murica.  America f*** yeah...comin again to save the mutha*** day man!

now....people made fun of Trump for starting space warriors or whatever the project was...but I assure you....China and Russia will actually do that, and do it correctly. shoot down our satellites. GAME OVER.   we are outside our depth. its the reality. our enemies are better in the tech area.

Dec 22 20 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

Focuspuller wrote:
Garbage in, garbage out still applies. .

Statistics that are accurate are easy to manipulate too.
Seen so many anecdotal statistics about inequality disseminated
this year by the media.

Were they accurate? Yes.
Did they omit relevant analysis making them totally misleading? Yes.

Dec 22 20 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

nwprophoto wrote:

Statistics that are accurate are easy to manipulate too.
Seen so many anecdotal statistics about inequality disseminated
this year by the media.

Were they accurate? Yes.
Did they omit relevant analysis making them totally misleading? Yes.

As read in college,"How to Lie with Statistics" true then, truer now.

And the famous quote, "There are three types of lies; lies, damn lies, and statistics.

And "relevant analysis"of course, in the eye of the analyst.

Dec 22 20 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Oh please. Trump is SOOOO 2019. I'm all about the Biden now.  call me team Biden..

Sure.

And that's President-Elect Biden.

Dec 22 20 09:08 pm Link