Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Hypothetically would you buy a car if......

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
Will only buy Toyota and Honda.

why? because their advertising brain washed you?

May 11 21 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Three of the Top Five car manufacturer's this year (tracked by reliability and customer satisfaction) were, as usual, Toyota, Lexus (aka Toyota) and Honda.

Four of the Top Six most reliable individual car models this year (again tracked for problems and for customer satisfaction), were made by Toyota or Lexus (aka Toyota). and another top six model was a Honda.  That's 5 of the top six.  it's a pattern we see over and over again, year after year.

This has nothing to do with "made in the U.S.A., as many of these Toyota and Honda models are made in the U.S.   It's just that, with the noticeable exception of a tremendous recent turnaround in quality by Buick, most of the traditional U.S. brands just don't rate very well.

Of the 26 brands tracked for reliability and customer satisfaction, GMC is 16th, Chevrolet is 17th, Jeep is 19th, Cadillac is 21st, Ford is 22nd and Lincoln is 26th (in last place).

So why on earth you suggest it's advertising brainwashing is beyond me, and to most people that aren't surprised by any of these facts.    I suspect that you're just trolling again.  Or at least I hope you are...

May 11 21 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

LightDreams wrote:
Three of the Top Five car manufacturer's this year (tracked by reliability and customer satisfaction) were, as usual, Toyota, Lexus (aka Toyota) and Honda.

Four of the Top Six most reliable individual car models this year (again tracked for problems and for customer satisfaction), were made by Toyota or Lexus (aka Toyota). and another top six model was a Honda.  That's 5 of the top six.  it's a pattern we see over and over again, year after year.

This has nothing to do with "made in the U.S.A., as many of these Toyota and Honda models are made in the U.S.   It's just that, with the noticeable exception of a tremendous recent turnaround in quality by Buick, most of the traditional U.S. brands just don't rate very well.

Of the 26 brands tracked for reliability and customer satisfaction, GMC is 16th, Chevrolet is 17th, Jeep is 19th, Cadillac is 21st, Ford is 22nd and Lincoln is 26th (in last place).

So why on earth you suggest it's advertising brainwashing is beyond me, and to most people that aren't surprised by any of these facts.    I suspect that you're just trolling again.  Or at least I hope you are...

i wasn't asking you for your suspicions on why Chuckarelei only wants a Toyota or Honda.
the question wasnt directed at you, and i dont know (or care) why you think my question is trolling.
perhaps you should analyze at your own posting habits.

May 14 21 11:09 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Hah!!!

You accuse him of only wanting a Honda or Toyota because...

Paolo D Photography wrote:
why? because their advertising brain washed you?

Then, when the (rather obvious) FACTS are spelt out to you, you seem to be unhappy about it.    You continue your truly unique logic and posting patterns.  So yes, if you're not deliberately trolling and actually believe some of your posts, then well...

Sorry if you don't like it.

Sorry if you have a problem with facts.

Sorry you don't like anyone pointing out the rather obvious flaw in your post / with your logic.

Everyone has learned, the hard way, the danger of people that just spout complete B.S. with no regard to the facts.  In time, you'll also learn to adjust to the new "facts count" reality.  I realize the transition is going to be tough for some people, but you'll find life will get much easier once you accept it.

May 14 21 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

go away. youre lame. don't make my thread ugly like all the political ones you love so much.
the question wasnt directed at you. your input, and unnecessary criticism are not needed here.
if you feel the need to be confrontational do it in another thread or rather do it in person to someone if perhaps you need the reality check that will come when someone hands your ass to you.
i dont want to measure internet weenies with you.

May 14 21 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Understood.

You want to attack someone for, as you put it, falling for the advertising hype, but you don't want anyone to correct you (you know with "facts") when you do it.  Just leave you alone to attack or say whatever you want to anyone you want, when you want.  I think we understand your position quite clearly.

Hah!

---

Just a suggestion...

Don't try and disparage someone with made up facts and get upset when you get called on it.  It's really quite simple.

May 14 21 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
Will only buy Toyota and Honda.

My daughter loves Hondas.  My daughter-in-law loves Toyotas, but now she also drives the Chevy Trail Blazer I gave her.  Much better in the winter with the 4 wheel drive on snow covered unplowed Chicago side streets.  After driving Cadillacs for 26 years, I switched to Mercedes.

May 14 21 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

update:
i still dont have the car i bought in feb completely sorted out mechanically yet haha.
repair cost still going up and i have another shop visit scheduled early sept for something i cant do in the driveway.. but THEN! should be able to drive it finally haha. drive it to the dealer to have a recall done and theeeeen hopefully enjoy it.

Aug 23 21 05:33 am Link