Forums > Newbie Forum > Photographer Located in Rome, NY looking to expand

Photographer

RobSmithPhoto

Rome, New York, US

Hello Everyone, I am a Photographer located in Rome, NY. I am looking to try and find a few people to help me build my portfolio more in the Boudoir aspect of Photography. I haven't done a shoot yet in this field and I know there is a good market out there to make money. I was wondering how do I go about advertising for this if I don't have photos to back up my work. I also don't have a studio to be able to do this kind of work and my house isn't suited for it either considering I have kids. So please any help would be greatly appreciated. If any models in the area would like to help me out as well feel free to message me. Thank you.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/RobertSmithPhoto

Apr 23 21 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

Images by Gary Holyoke

Utica, New York, US

Hello neighbor,
Utica here if you have time and want to collaborate on maybe some double shooting or just a coffee day
let me know.

Apr 30 21 06:56 am Link

Photographer

Concept Photo

New York, New York, US

Hello, Robert.  The work on your portfolio is certainly professional in character.  That's a good start for what you aim to do.
You've take a good first step by posting in this Forum, and your post looks like an "action plan chart" in-the-making.  You list a few of goals.  Take one actual notebook, and, by hand, write down each of your goals and break them down into further details (e.g., boudoir photography practice, professional reasons, business reasons, revenue/profit goals, etc.)  Take a stack of **large** index cards, and write down each consideration or obstacle or "I don't know how" on each index card.  Arrange these index cards in a column formation.  Take a second stack of index cards, and write down actions in response to each item, and arrange these as a second column, alongside the first column.  Take a third stack of cards, and write down possible outcomes from each action; and arrange them as a third column.  For example, Item #1, is studio location; next might be, "look for provisional locations," "look for long-term locations," "take photos in the client's home?" etc.; the next might be, "search on Craigslist for studio space," "speak to realtors," "speak to other photographers/artists," etc.; and so on.  The same goes for searching for subjects; you might need to pay models to create your initial portfolio.  If you want to have artistic control, you might want to develop a network of sources and contacts re: costuming, make-up, hairstyling, set design (i.e., furniture, interiors), etc.  Importantly, you may need to answer the question, "Why hire you instead of someone else who charges less?" and you'll find yourself saying something more than, "I have experience, skills, and equipment."  You might find it helpful to go through hard copy books and magazines that depict scenes from movies and TV shows and fashion shows and explaining, "This is how fabulous you can choose to look."  It's a step-by-step process for every photographer.  If you get a few index card boxes, you can keep identifying your items, your actions, and your desired outcomes, you may get closer to your goal each week.  Good luck.  ///  Separately, I suggest you confer with a copy writer to edit the text on your web site.  Each text section is TLDR and has a first-draft feel.  Two to four concise sentences should do it in each sesion.

May 08 21 03:17 pm Link