Forums > Newbie Forum > Adding an Avatar

Model

JaxsonCon

Somerset, New Jersey, US

Can someone please tell me how to add an Avatar?

Jun 10 21 06:03 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

All of your images are flagged as "M". This is the default.

You need to enter mystuff/photos and remove the "M". Then you can select an avatar.

Jun 10 21 06:24 am Link

Model

JaxsonCon

Somerset, New Jersey, US

Thank you for your help

Jun 10 21 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Mark Salo wrote:
All of your images are flagged as "M". This is the default.

You need to enter mystuff/photos and remove the "M". Then you can select an avatar.

Yes, stupid recent change by Mayhem! By having Mature Content as the default on all images, a majority of new members will not realize it, and will also not have an Avatar. None of their images will be visible to non members.

I just encountered another new member who did not realize this, and had all images marked M without choosing such. She had no nudity, but non members would be lead to believe they all were, and automatically had no Avatar. I was able to make her aware and she got it fixed.

Instead of making the site user-friendly and easier to negotiate, Mayhem has made it much harder, more frustrating, and a lot more effort for people who join! Consider the newbie who uploads 15 images, only to then have to individually edit each one, through no fault of their own! Then think of that unknowing newbie, who gets your temporary VIP membership. and is allowed to upload dozens more images. Look at all the needless extra work you are imposing on them!!

I have never seen an announcement about this flawed unasked-for move, or any opportunity to discuss it beforehand! Mayhem, you need to reconsider this flawed action, and use some logic! Better yet, consult with members before imposing such stupid moves.

Jun 23 21 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Flex Photography wrote:
[snip]

Instead of making the site user-friendly and easier to negotiate, Mayhem has made it much harder, more frustrating, and a lot more effort for people who join! Consider the newbie who uploads 15 images, only to then have to individually edit each one, through no fault of their own! Then think of that unknowing newbie, who gets your temporary VIP membership. and is allowed to upload dozens more images. Look at all the needless extra work you are imposing on them!!

I have never seen an announcement about this flawed unasked-for move, or any opportunity to discuss it beforehand! Mayhem, you need to reconsider this flawed action, and use some logic! Better yet, consult with members before imposing such stupid moves.

Was the change was made by design or is it a glitch?

I'll ask:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/981185

Jun 24 21 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Was the change was made by design or is it a glitch?

It was made by design.
"M" images that were not flagged as such were showing in the newsfeed of members who did not want to see them.

Jun 24 21 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Frederick C

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sorry, but what tag, and where in “my stuff”?
Many thanks

Jul 25 21 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Camera Buff

Maryborough, Queensland, Australia

Frederick C wrote:
Sorry, but what tag, and where in “my stuff”?
Many thanks

Do this when using Full Site, not the Mobile Version

Click on [Frederick C] or [My Stuff] on the top RHS of screen
From the Drop Down Box - Click on [Photos]
All of your Photos will appear - Choose a Photo and click on [Edit]
Uncheck the Box [For Mature Audiences Only] *Note: only do this for allowable images.
Click on [Save Changes]
In the Account column to left of the screen - Click on [Photos]
All of your Photos will appear again - Choose the non-nude Photo you wish to make your Avatar and click on [Set as Avatar]
Your chosen Avatar will appear -  Crop your image, or otherwise click on [Ignore Cropping]
You'll be advised that your request to change your Avatar has been submitted - Click on Close

Jul 25 21 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

Frederick C

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Done,
Thanks again

Jul 26 21 06:16 pm Link